bathroom demo - Blender physics/realtime graphics showcase

Thank you guys! I just checked demo on my bro`s PC with Celeron duo and 8600GT, it works pretty well even on mid to lower end systems. I realised that you can gain a lot of performance unchecking some GLSL Material Settings stuff like Shading, Shadows etc.

Absolutely lovely, but painfully slow (0.7 fps) on my 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo Apple iMac with 1 GB RAM, x1600 graphics and OS X 10.4.11.

Lol I didnt even think 0.7 fps was possible.

Im getting around about 30 fps.
Damn awesome demo.

Running Vista SP1
4GB Ram
GeForce 8600 GT
Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 (2.5GHz)

Amazing work! It’s beautiful.
I learned how great 2.48 is from your great work, thanks.
Moreover, thank you for sharing the .blend file.

this is blender.org front page material. I’m thinking you’ll get more benchmark volunteers if this gets posted there - which I think it should! Along with that experimental motors racing game

Im getting my new computer later today so I will try it out then, nice work by the way.
Specs
vista home premium
Intel core 2 dou T9300(2.5Ghz)
4gb RAM
Geforce 8600m gt

looking very nice!
I would be cool to see this released officially as a feature test or benchmark :slight_smile:

Here is a video:
http://www.vimeo.com/1916475
or

That’s DOPE !!!
Seriously that is one of the sweetest things I’ve ever seen in a game render; and yes i do play Crysis:Warhead

and I know I’ve played this demo myself already and everything but it’s so immersive when you added the music and made a video out of it :evilgrin:

somebody put this on the front page NAUAUUGHGGHGHHWWWW!!

and put it in the gallery while you are at it, realtime is renders too!!!

Thanks Martinsh for doing this. I knew blender can do this kind of thing and beyond, it’s just that I haven’t been capable of this calibur scene to demonstrate it for myself - but that’s why we got a entire community for ! Each of us doing what we can when we can. I’ve had some industry people tell me that “GameBlender isn’t a game engine” Now Instead of wasting my fingers efforts with typing I can jsut link them to this vid along with Yo Frankie!

B-Unit

“blender unit!”

I just got my new computer and I used this as a benchmark and I have a constant 35 fps.
Specs
vista home premium
Intel core 2 dou T9300(2.5Ghz)
4gb RAM
Geforce 8600m gt

How did you get the “depth of field” effect?

The two most performance prohibitative elements of this demo are the shadows and the softbody physics. I think it would run really great for a majority of people maybe like 60fps with the option to turn them off and on. Because to be honest it still looks great without them, however awesome they definately are.

Some people don’t think sometimes about the fact that BGE is now more advanced than the engines that fueled Starcraft, Wacraft III, Guild Wars, Duke Nukem 3d, Half Life 2, Bioshock, Fear, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII.

I say it’s more advanced than Bioshock and people are like “Gasp no way!!11!!” Yes it is more advanced that the Bioshock engine. I own bioshock. It’s a great game, a beautiful game. THe poly count of bioshock can be surprisngly small. Most of the details in everything are in the normal maps which are all relatively low resolution which is something I even noticed back when the game was new.

i’m not sure what my point is really, I just think there are a lot of people still underestimating it

I mean, it’s totally possible for some people to make a game that looks just as good as Guild Wars and have it runing on lots of people’s PCs with BGE

Oh I forgot to mention that it’s more advanced than the World of Warcraft engine but people knew that already xD -

The demo is incredible Martin. I’m currently tearing it to shreds trying to figure out your maps.

Kay: Sadly, Blender is no where near the engine that fueled Bioshock (Unreal Engine 3). The low rez/poly factors come from the fact that it’s a console port, and is meant to be played on low resolution displays (i.e. TVs). The future of the BGE is bright though if development keeps clipping along like this. It’s interesting to look back only a year or two and see who primative it really was compared to how it is now.

demo with depth of field (press 1 to enable):
http://www.savefile.com/files/1829449

I’m just simply amazed by that depth of field it adds another incredible layer to the atmosphere

yea… same happens when adding a greyscale or sepia filter

i want to make a custom noise filter eventually

but anyway one thing to watch out for is the sporatic performance that seems to arise in the GE. sometimes this DoF cuts my performance by 40% sometimes by 10%, sometimes— get this 0%

I can’t make heads or tails of it

on my old laptop:
2.0GHz Pentium-M
Geforce 6800 Ultra (mobile)
2GB RAM
Windows XP SP3

duck demo: 12-15fps
dof on: 8-9fps
old demo (no mouse/flashlight): 19fps

Can we use your DOF in our own games?

dammit…
this is what i get for having a crappy comp.

i can’t play these awesome demos… :stuck_out_tongue: