Bedroom Scene, 2020 and 2022

Rounding out my first year of using Blender, I made this bedroom in November 2020 to show off a bed I’d modeled. Initially I planned to donate the bed to then-3D Model Haven (now Poly Haven), but I never did due to me doubting the overall quality of the model. I was --and still am-- rather pleased with this render, though. My laptop at the time was a 4-year-old thing with 4Gb RAM (2 Gb VRAM) and a 940Mx GPU.

Fast-forwarding almost exactly two years, I re-opened the file just a few days ago and made a bunch of changes. The goal this time was to create a showcase render for a bookshelf I made, with the intention of donating the bookshelf to be included in the Poly Haven Shed scene. However, due to my super-slow Internet connection, I haven’t been able to upload any of the requirements for the Poly Haven asset donation form. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (Btw, for those of you who don’t know, while the Shed competition is over, you can still donate models to help populate the forthcoming Shed scene.)

Here’s the new render:

I’d be remiss if I didn’t credit a few people for the help they provided: @Ben-M, @JamesRay, and @amalbubble. This render would look pretty lame if it weren’t for their suggestions and feedback :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like