begining of a city

o, ok well ill continue working

looking overall nice but composition is lacking , there is really no focalpoint, no color, etc etc.

Thanks for the comments, i have added a lot, still trying to add more buildins and a variety of them like spacetug said, still editing the building thats reall close to the camera in this picture, tell me what you think so far!:smiley:

Attachments

that’s definitely better
the composition certainly helps, also
keep up the good work!

ok heres a quick update, im having a liitle problem with my windows becaues ther getting that look from that game “Mirror’s Edge” and i was just wondering if anyone knows how i can mke my windows look more realistic.:confused:

Attachments

first of all. is the mirror reflection on?? if so they arent reflecting enough details, use a hdri image??? put something behind or infront? these are all the suggestions i have

that’s weird–it looks like the windows are reflecting the sky, but nothing else

also now that i think about it the buildings all have a very similar style–they all appear to be box-like objects with an array modifier and gaps in between

The buildings are using the array modifier, and that may be okay for some city styles, the kicker is the fact there’s no evidence of connection between the building slices, the twisting tower you can look between the slices and find out there’s no sense of a solid connecting structure so people can go to the different floors.

well the swirly structure is supposed to be a wind turbine soo would it really need anyone in it for any other reasons besides matnence?

For that sort of structure you’ll need some sort of central pole to support the slices unless you try to explain why they use anti-gravity devices;)

You could add some tubes connecting the swirs so that it looks like a DNA helix. Then you can say it is a monnument in honor to genetic engineering advancements instead of a power generator. But it could be both as well.

lol, thanks for all of the comments.:yes: I will take all of these into consideration post an updated render soon.:smiley:

ok so heres my update!:smiley:

Attachments

It’s looking much better. The only problem I see is that since the windows are now transparent, you can see the buildings are empty.

as Sharper said, you can see that the buildings are empty

and the buildings still remind me of this sort of thing:
http://www.healthstones.com/dinosaurstore/dinosaur_wood_kits/tyrannosaurus_t_rex_wood_kit/tyrannosaurus_t_rex_wood_kit.jpg

the city is definitely making more sense
keep working!

I like the skydome. The buildings you have so far lean toward a theme, as if the same architect designed them. (aside from you…I mean…“the story architect”!) The skydome adds to that feel. Like a modern Dallas, Texas with all the mirrored and smoked glass buildings. And a radiation shield dome to take the place of the atmosphere your cities citizens so graciously stripped away…:^)

my suggestions as of now would be to lower the transparency obviously and somehow fake that there is something inside the buildings. my other suggestions would be to add the sun in the picture. as in you can see it on the horizon like a sunrise. some more yellowish orange light would really add a good mood to the scene.

You can add some low poly, not-even-textured, furniture to the buildings. Chairs and desks scattered ramdomly trought the floors will do the trick.

That is not exactly what I pictured when I suggested tubes but It is really looking nice.

well im having trouble with the fake furniture, any other ideas on what i can do to the see though buildings to make them look better?

bump…