you don’t need to bump that soon

maybe you could add a grid-like structure inside to make basic walls

like this:
||||||||||_
||||||||||_
||||||||||_
||||||||||_

EDIT:
and i still think you should remove the gaps between the levels in the buildings–even if only for the reason that it would cause nasty turbulence problems in the wind

well i have a new problem, i tried adding some random cubes and stuff but wen i tried to render in indigo i ran out of memory:spin:

Wow that seems like a real problem. Still being a newbie I guess you could split up the file into different parts and work on them individually. Really I have no idea what to do about that other than work in individual files. Then i don’t really know how you would put them together again so disregard what I said. Try lowering the poly count. That could also help.

that’s interesting
how much RAM do you have?
it doesn’t look like you could have more than a few million faces
even my wimpy 4-year-old laptop can handle that
though it could be that Indigo uses a lot more RAM than BI (I’ve never used it)
uh, maybe you could increase virtual memory
probably your poly count has gone through the roof because of the buildings being made of slices
they could be fairly low-poly without anyone really noticing

yeah ill think of something…

ok, insted of making the windows see through… how about this?:confused:

Attachments

I don’t know about the quality of that picture ;)>. I really couldn’t see much. But the windows are looking decent. More like mirrors though. I don’t know. Are you sure there is no way that you can fake furniture or cubicles in there? It would just make it so much better :slight_smile:

You found a good solution for the windows. I have noticed many times how windows can look like almost perfect mirrors from outside, specially in very bright sunny days.

But try diminishing a bit the mirror effect and adding some black (I belive it should be black) to affect the reflection color.

And now I notice: we can’t see the twisted building! Place it on a more visible area, it is part of the charm of your city.

update-:smiley:
i added some stuff and changed the materials.

Attachments

That’s looking really good. It is hard to distinguish the buildings apart in some parts of your scene, like the bottom of the twisted building…

try making the windows a bit darker

look tons better, but the windows definitely need to be a darker and the sky needs some cloud or something.

i also say darken the windows
why are you using Indigo?
keep working on the composition, too

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24038

^ that is a thread with lots of free angmaps/spheremaps

thanks for the comments everyone. I’ll try making the windows darker.
@spacetug- thanks for the link, ill post an updated image using one of those maps soon.

Heres a new pic using one of those maps.:smiley:

Attachments

Ok, i think tht im going to call this project done. I’ll most a thread in the finished projects section. Thanks to all that helped me in finish!:smiley: