Better FBX Importer & Exporter Add-on

Changing the fbx version does not work.
The file is always written in the 7.7 version of fbx. Everything that came before the 2009 version should be in the 6100 version format.

1.fbx (9.3 KB)
This box export in 3ds max as fbx 2009 ASCII.

Yes, it is a bug, I have just fixed it, please upgrade to v4.2.5.

1 Like

Great. In 4.2.5 everything works. I put the latest version in both blenders.

I changed the default settings for fast export to binary fbx 6100 and now everything works as it should.
A very useful add-on for me for working with old games that can be converted to fbx 6100. I really did not like the lack of normal export from the blender itself to the old fbx. This will help you use more blender and not 3ds max.

hi there there’s a problem with your betterfbx on mac, looks is only compatible with osx 11 and i have High Sierra (for nvidia gpu compatibility on blender).

What problem? Does it crash on High Sierra?

FBX Import: start importing /Users/username/Dropbox/Motion Capture/Sample Capture.fbx
FBX version: 7700
FBX import: Prepare…
Done (0.000971 sec)

FBX import: Templates...
	Done (0.000070 sec)

FBX import: Nodes...
	Done (0.000468 sec)

FBX import: Connections...
	Done (0.000651 sec)

FBX import: Meshes...
	Done (0.000086 sec)

FBX import: Materials & Textures...
	Done (0.000147 sec)

FBX import: Cameras & Lamps...
	Done (0.000138 sec)

FBX import: Objects & Armatures...
	Done (0.041928 sec)

FBX import: ShapeKeys...
	Done (0.000152 sec)

FBX import: Animations...
	Done (0.137976 sec)

FBX import: Assign materials...
	Done (0.000165 sec)

FBX import: Assign textures...
	Done (0.000114 sec)

FBX import: Cycles z-offset workaround...
	Done (0.000040 sec)

Done (0.229613 sec)

Import finished.
Info: Deleted 2 object(s)

Running fbx to txt …
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: ____chkstk_darwin
Referenced from: /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.93/scripts/addons/better_fbx/bin/Darwin/fbx-utility (which was built for Mac OS X 11.0)
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: ____chkstk_darwin
Referenced from: /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.93/scripts/addons/better_fbx/bin/Darwin/fbx-utility (which was built for Mac OS X 11.0)

I re-compiled it, please download the fixed file from:
http://www.mesh-online.net/fbx-utility.zip

Please unzip the file, and replace the original fbx-utility with the fixed file, it should work now.

You can find the file from ‘Edit->Preferences…->Add-on’, type ‘better’ to show the add-on, click the small triangle besides the add-on to show the details, such as:
/Users/your name/Library/Application\ Support/Blender/2.83/scripts/addons/better_fbx/bin/Darwin/fbx-utility

After download and unzip it, you may need to right click on the file, from the popup menu, click ‘Open’ and confirm to run it for the first time, or macOS may refuse to run for security reason.

If the patch works, please reply me, I’ll upgrade the product.

ok thanks! i will try tomorrow and i will tell you if works thanks again! :slight_smile:

I have updated the product anyway, please re-download v4.2.7 and upgrade the add-on, it should work on macOS High Sierra.

Tried Both the patch and the addon … same error:

Running fbx to txt …
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: ____chkstk_darwin
Referenced from: /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.93/scripts/addons/better_fbx/bin/Darwin/fbx-utility

dyld: Symbol not found: ____chkstk_darwin
Referenced from: /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.93/scripts/addons/better_fbx/bin/Darwin/fbx-utility

I realize that this issue may caused by FBX SDK 2020.2, for I received lots of warning when linking for macOS 10.13, it says that FBX SDK 2020.2 is for macOS 10.15.
ld: warning: object file (/Applications/Autodesk/FBX SDK/2020.2/lib/clang/release/libfbxsdk.a(Murmur3.cpp.o)) was built for newer macOS version (10.15) than being linked (10.13)

Please re-download the patch file from the same hyperlink, I compiled it with FBX SDK 2020.1.1, no warning this time, but it is x86_64 only, no arm64 native support.

yes now works!
thanks

I also updated the product, the add-on check os version automatically, it will use latest FBX SDK when os version >= 10.15, otherwise, fall back to the previous FBX SDK.

2 Likes

Properties70: {
P: “PreRotation”, “Vector3D”, “Vector”, “”,90,-0,0
P: “RotationActive”, “bool”, “”, “”,1
P: “InheritType”, “enum”, “”, “”,1
P: “ScalingMax”, “Vector3D”, “Vector”, “”,0,0,0
P: “DefaultAttributeIndex”, “int”, “Integer”, “”,0
P: “Lcl Translation”, “Lcl Translation”, “”, “A”,-27.8023208541632,6.11394559697638,0
P: “currentUVSet”, “KString”, “”, “U”, “map1”
P: “UDP3DSMAX”, “KString”, “”, “U”, “Surface=12 QQ=12 SS=123”
}
P: “UDP3DSMAX”, “KString”, “”, “U”, “Surface=12 QQ=12 SS=123” This in Maya i add Custom attributes.

Add something like this through the custom properties of the object in blender.

Would it be possible to default Better FBX Importer to use XYZ Euler instead of Quaternion?

Yes, it’s possible, I’ll see if it is easy to implement.