Billie's 2D sketchbook

cover

I probably should have not made a mess of my main sketchbook and separated 2D drawings from the beginning… eh, what’s done is done =D

6 Likes

Day 1:

12 Likes

Day 2: Spiders (fanart)

I watched Across the Spider-verse the same day, so… not going to be very original here =D

Miles was supposed to be in front… should have watched where he’s going, I guess.

16 Likes

Day 3:

A safe path on the otherwise dangerous journey, maybe? You got to enjoy those while you can.

17 Likes

your linework is always so clean. :slight_smile: and love the way the hair comes out

4 Likes

With ink I try to act as if I were planning to put a line there all along and there’s nothing to fix (though I’ve been trying to use some more “messy” line types recently) XD My pencil sketches on the other hand…

4 Likes

Day 4: Dodge? (fanart)

This is a weird one.
However, the important thing is to not let anything hold you back, be it weird prompt or misplaced marks. Honestly, I don’t know what I was doing with shading here, but it is done and I just have to live with these decisions now :laughing:

The black marker I used acts differently from the other ones in the same series: it’s somehow more controllable and smells much stronger. Odd.

11 Likes

Day 5: Map

There are places to be out there. They totally don’t involve questionable decisions, unstable structures and deadly golems. Very safe and not particularly exciting.

11 Likes

deadly golems are the bestest. :smiley: hmmm… no golem prompt. mebbe next year. :smiley:

1 Like

Why haven’t I seen this :face_holding_back_tears: I love the poses in Nr 2 + the stance in Nr 4. The look on the girl’s face in Nr 5 in the lower frame is how I look when I see updates of you guys. :smiley:

I do have inks lying around, too, hmm.

1 Like

and hopefully we’ll see them soon? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hell, why not. Thanks for the push :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

I think there are a couple of prompts that might feature them =D If I can get that far.

Yes, please. The more the merrier, right? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Day 6: Golden (fanart)

By some convoluted line of thinking I remembered golden eyes of Lady Dimitrescu (as they appear in some high quality renders). Well, whatever gets ink on paper I suppose.

I become very biased when something is overhyped and besides I like Lord Heisenberg better… But to be honest, she’s a damn fine monster. I like how alive her face looks - how the smiles and scowls look natural. I want to say it’s like developers use realism… “responsibly” both in RE games and Devil May Cry 5 - realistic yet not losing a drop of style :heart_eyes:

13 Likes

Day whatever: no prompt.
First mental-health related thing I learned while doing art-challenges: kill the Inner Perfectionist. Kill it with fire! That jerk is more trouble than he’s worth anyway >:(

Second thing: being able to skip days without feeling guilty :person_shrugging:
Something will get in the way of daily routine no matter how well you plan it. It is important to accept that you didn’t “fail the whole challenge, oh no, not again”. Especially when you have another twenty days ahead.

Third: not following prompts if you don’t feel like it. They are there for when you don’t have a subject already.

Wish, I didn’t have to remind myself all of these points every day :person_facepalming:

And suddenly my old sketchbook had only two pages left.
The whole thing and it’s mostly a horror show (with occasional demons and a Wolfenstein 2009 fanart attempt), but, despite the general lack of confidence, some sketches are better than others and some have a sentimental value. So I spent one of the pages on a… remake of sorts to see how things have changed.

Old:

New:

And the last page for the ultimate expression of my art, lol (I think, I managed to keep these to a minimum on this forum) - “a boy and his cat”:

Now I have a completely blank pristine sketchbook to open tomorrow, oh no :grimacing:

12 Likes

You are nailing these expressions— that’s seriously impressive. It was cool to see your remake of an old piece too.

1 Like

For the sake of curiosity: how much time has passed, between the original and the remake?

Absolutely beautiful works, all of them!

1 Like

@ethan.trim , thank you! :slight_smile:
@Helmut_S, uhhhh, a lot of time i guess? More than five years, that’s for sure - I’ve been avoiding this sketchbook for a long-long while ^^’

3 Likes

Day… what day is it actually? I had to go afk again for a few days, and things are all out of order. (And i’m not used to spending so much internet-time on the smartphone).
Let’s go with “Wander”.
It’s surprisingly hard to go back to using A5 sheets. Yay for compact things suitable for travel.
I don’t want to be greedy, but I’m not sure working this small is good for me =O oh well, guess I’ll have to adjust for now.

Also, I’m kinda fascinated by fashion illustration…

8 Likes

I say this a lot, but I’m over here screenshotting all your faces and studying them with serial-killer-esque attention to detail :sweat_smile:

2 Likes