Bl 3.1 how to set up microdisplacement for Eevee?

is it possible to use microdisplacement in Eevee bl 3.1 and where to find the variables / parameters

sample file would be nice

thanks
happy bl

I am pretty sure micro displacement is for cycles only.
Adaptive subdivision is still (years after) considered an experimental feature of cycles.

Only modifier based displacement for Eevee, sorry

for cycles where how do you find the set up ?
use experimental
i mean you need to add subd and select adaptive

after that ?

thanks
happy bl

That is basically it.
You then just have to plug in a displacement node with a texture in the shader node setup. The displacement will be applied “adaptively” depending on the dicing settings in the subdivision modifier.
Obviously the more original geo and dicing the better it will look.
Edit:
Oh, and you also have to set the material-settings-surface option to displacement (or bump and displacement)

If you need EeVee, then you could consider using Micro-Normals instead, it will give you some nice results…

Of course, I don’t know what your project is?

what is a micro normal and where do you get it or do it in blender ?

thanks
happy bl

I think it is a slang name for “detail map”. You know, like in some games there is extra tileable texture which is applied over the main bump or normal as a fine grain pattern (in the example of that thread, it was probably skin pores). This enhances the look on close ups without needing extra big texture resolutions.
In Blender, you can combine grayscale bump map with normal map if you place Vector-Normal Map node first, and then plug its Normal output into Normal input of a Bump node. You can also combine 2 normal maps using Color - MixRGB(Overlay mode) node, though I heard it is not mathematically correct