Black Mesh - Procedural Modeling Tool

check above again lol, so it cant be decimal values why?

i dont get what you mean there lol… also btw shade smooth doesnt work after updating the meshes everytime…

Integer values are like 1, 2, 3, 4 and width is an integer there. There’s no decimals allowed(they just get rounded). It’s an OpenVDB limitation, apparently.

1 Like

hmmm ok i see…

1 Like

Would It be possible to implement progress bar so the user knows where operations is at. Or at least some indicator that addon is doing it’s thing so that bugged out blender is not the only indication?

Also is there a way to smooth out partial emenets of the model in or how to hadle situations like this:

Unfortunately it 's not possible to add a progress bar at the moment as BM gathers all info and put it into c++ part, then BM retrieves all data from vdb.

No way to smooth parts at the moment.

1 Like

hello, hmmm there seems to be a issue regarding how booleans work in your addon and how the solvers in the modifiers work better sometimes, for example i was struggling with this:

1 some weird bulge due the boolean added with the addon:

2 still same boolean but added through modifiers panel instead and then applied remesh afterwards:

result 2 is obviously how i need it to be lol… using exact solver on this booleans btw…

The keyboard only has so many keys. At least add a menu with all the operators so users can assign one single shortcut for BlackMesh.

Could you please provide a blend file?

Yeah, there is a request about right-click menu. I’m thinking about it

3 Likes

If you have such an issue you can add the rebuild Utility:

Please read about the Rebuild Utility in the documentation.

But! You should have no such an issue actually. Maybe you have a tiny gap between 2 meshes?

Anyway, here is my file without artifacts.
tmp1.7z (4.4 MB)

1 Like

hmmmm weird, i just opened your blend file, and clicked the update button w/o changing the settings and this appeared again:

PD: this was in 2.92 tho, in 2.93 works ok hmmm…

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Usuario\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons\BlackMesh\bm_base.py”, line 350, in execute
update_vdb(context, obj)
File “C:\Users\Usuario\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons\BlackMesh\bm_base.py”, line 593, in update_vdb
vdb_lib = cdll.LoadLibrary(base_path + ‘libs/vdb/win/’ + ‘openvdb.dll’)
File “C:\Users\Usuario\Documents\B3D\blender-2.92.0-windows64\2.92\python\lib\ctypes_init_.py”, line 442, in LoadLibrary
return self.dlltype(name)
File "C:\Users\Usuario\Documents\B3D\blender-2.92.0-windows64\2.92\python\lib\ctypes_init
.py", line 364, in init
self._handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode)
OSError: [WinError 126] The specified module could not be found

Blender 2.93+

2 Likes

Any news? Some video, something?

There is already one video on the first post.
I’m preparing linux version at the moment.

3 Likes

Hi artists, today is Tux’s day. Black Mesh V030 - Linux Support.

Linux installation can be found in the Documentation.

And new video:

12 Likes

Just out of curiosity, have you considered maybe adding an optional checkbox that would auto-update the mesh any time changes are made so that the user, if they want to, could turn that on and avoid having to click the “Update” button on the UI panel? I understand there’s probably a performance hit but in some cases, depending on the mesh density or the strength of the user’s PC, it may run pretty well.

1 Like

At the moment i see no way to add realtime things.

1 Like

Just wanted to say again how awesome this addon is. I’m using it for slicing & keying for 3d printed molds (for slip casting ceramics.)

One feature request: would it be possible to add an eyedropper selector for the collection name? I need over 100 layers & I’m pretty organized, but picking layers with a click would really make things easier.

Thanks again!

1 Like