Black Sorceress

Hi guys, I’m ready for a new post here. She’s a character of pure invention on which I paid a lot of attention to detail. I wanted her to be beautiful and creepy at the same time, I hope I succeeded!

![black_sorceress_workbenchR|281x500](upload://3d8c4eM5Z3VK7WVSvkvV7GLNv3B.jpeg

Thumbnail

185 Likes

Did you make her entirely within blender ? :open_mouth:

1 Like

Amazing details Marco, I’m speechless!

1 Like

Yes, just Blender, and a lot of texture painting…
Thanks for your comment!

5 Likes

Nice work! IMHO, in the first image she has a too much SSS and makes here skin look a bit like rubber, that’s the only thing I would change, you could try to adjust it and make another render of her, it’d be as fantastic as the rest of the image!

As for the second picture, I ABSOLUTELY love it, the composition is great, the detail on the reptile is awesome, and the SSS on her works very well. It may be a detail render but it works by itself alone.
Really good job.

2 Likes

Thank you Strangermann for you competent feedback, i really appreciate it. I will definitely try to render her again with a lower SSS value in the next days.

1 Like

outstanding work! love the details :open_mouth:

1 Like

Very creepy. Well done.

1 Like

Simply WOW!!! :star_struck:
I’m speechless…

All those details in the reptile alone! Plus her clothes, jewellery, skin…incredible!

1 Like

Great composition and color scheme. I love the tiny scars on her shoulder, that’s fine storytelling in action. Using the sweat to ramp up the creepiness factor was pretty clever! And that second picture? That’s a lot of motion on such close framing!

Do you mind a minor general observation? Her clothing is obviously high fantasy and I feel like a jerk for critiquing a finished work, but as someone who has worn semi/full strapless tops before looking at this one makes me uncomfortable. :joy:

When you have a piece of clothing without shoulder support which isn’t form-fitting in the chest area either you make it tighter immediately under the breast to compensate, sometimes down to the last rib. Otherwise what happens is that when you turn, bend, stretch, etc the top won’t follow: you’ll move inside it! It’s a pretty distressing sensation, you end up unconsciously measuring every movement lest you accidentally jump out of your clothes.

So, making it tighter on the torso will make the outfit look more structured, having the bonus of producing a pleasing silhouette that helps to highlight her pose, since loose cylindrical shapes usually create the illusion of a short torso:

black_sorceress_top_structure

Still on the clothing subject, the hat is a tad too high on her head for comfort. To reduce the effect you wouldn’t even need to move it, just bring part of the brim a little lower for balance.

black_sorceress_hat

10 Likes

Wow, what can I say? I really appreciate these kind of comments. As for the shape of the bust, I had not really asked myself the problem and this leads me to consider once again the importance of the “credibility” factor of what is created, even if it is a fantasy theme. Your criticisms are absolutely right, I have no objections and I will keep them in mind if in the immediate future I will not be so lazy as to return to this work to improve it. I repeat, this is the kind of feedback I love because it gives an accomplished sense to the social nature of this site, so a sincere thank you for appreciating and being dedicated to my work!

4 Likes

This is gorgeous, can you share skin maps and model wireframe

1 Like

wow amazing job :scream:

the detail of the skin disgusted me. was it on purpose?

1 Like

Very detail and so much work puttin on it! To the top featured row please!

1 Like

I can’t even…
I don’t even…
I just…
Wha?!

Simply incredible work.
Stunned.

2 Likes

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

3 Likes

Can I have her phone number? :slight_smile:
Seriously… Outstanding work!

2 Likes

Lol, I never met one of these either. :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: Superb character!

1 Like

@BD3D Yes it was, thanks for your appreciation!
@claudiog.1982 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I don’t feel like recommending you a girl like that!
@dsfhgjj Here is the wireframed model!

8 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like