Blender 2.3 Official Guide

a solid date would be nice.

and i dont mean a “as soon as possible date” just a conservative estimate like 1 feb or whenever so i can count the days …

A solid date and a conservative estimate are two different things. I’ve been wondering myself but they’re all so busy that it doesn’t bother me because I was just glad to contribute the money. Even if the book never showed up I honestly wouldn’t care. (Don’t get any ideas though guys…I AM expecting a copy… :wink:

I’ve learned to wait for things In this case my gut feeling is that it is going to be well worth it.

yeah but a date would be nice even if its in 5 months time

now your icon makes perfect sense :smiley:

what? i can only imagine you ment my avatar when you said icon.

and yes i’m not know for making a lot of sence :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes you are corrct when you say avatar=icon but wrong when you say it doesn’t make sense.

sense:
boooiiingggg = I want it now

we are 5 pp from 1000, woua. a complete succes.

I never doubted that the campaign would be a complete success. The Blender community is very supportive and dedicated.

anyone else feel like this…

GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME

please…

I know that this extra wait will be definitely worth it… but still…

GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME

:smiley:

Oh wellz, can’t wait… yet I can wait… but how can I wait when I can’t wait anymore? unless I’m waiting to not wait… or something like that…

Now look what you gone and done… made me brain fry from waiting for the manual… LoL

HURRY UP!!

A while ago (sometime) last november, I asked a friend to order a copy of the Blender 2.3x manual for me. Unfortunately the order was placed at Amazon.co.uk since he didn’t like the idea of using Paypal :x .

I’m wondering if I will get a signed copy by Ton.

Cheers! :smiley:

I very much doubt it, the orderrs placed on amazon will unlikly to have then been placed by amazon onto Blender.org within the first 250. Also i’m not even sure if the Amazon orders are added to the total.

Hello,

I just ordered the manual a few days ago. I hope that the manual will be excellent. Meanwhile, I still have to wander around the net for information.

Good things come to those who wait. - Guinness

I was just wondering to myself, and thought I would ask her to see if anyone knows:

Will the 2.32 manual have any info on the Python API? That sure would be handy.

When the guide is ready, will it at the same day, availible in the book stores? Because I really want to buy that giude, I mean it would really skill up my blender knowledge, and take me more into modeling and such. :smiley:

I don’t know if anyone else had this problem, when I bought the 2.0 guide I had a problem w/ pages falling out within a day or two of use. possibly a desert/dry climate problem, hoping the binding will be better this time, if not, what I had done was drilled 3 holes through edge of book and placed it in a 3 ring binder, I hated doing that to my new blender book. I’ve used it about 2 yrs now w/o losing any pages…if you haven’t had a problem?..maybe I should have went to a diff. store…if you have?..I hope this helps…johnd

Hey all:

This is probably off-topic a little bit, but the above post caught my attention. I work in a book manufacturing plant for a living so I thought I’d comment on it just a tad. :slight_smile:

The process of binding a book with adhesives involves a number of factors, one of which is the “penetration” of the glue into the spine. Improper penetration can lead to loose pages. A problem with the adhesive itself can also contribute. This is sometimes seen in the first books run through the binder as it is set up, and those are usually discarded. In some situations, though, glue penetration can vary throughout the run and a few can become loose as described.

This is normally caught and rectified by the printer/binder, but sometimes they let a few slip by. How the book’s Publisher will respond to a complaint of loose pages varies, of course, but it is to be considered a manufacturing defect. If you have a book whose pages are falling out I’d ask for a replacement!

-Bischofftep

John DiLaur, i had the same problem as you with the 2.0 guide. My dad however is a bookbinder as profession, but the 2.0 guide was to thin to have a nice result if it was binded into a hardcover. so i putted into plastic covers

i guess the 2.3* guide will be more suiting for some nice leather cover :wink:
however i don’t wish for it to happen… we’ll give the publisher the benifit of the doubt.

this is Old News…heh…it is a Fact that The american version had a bad binding, mine has that too, cause I ordered via a Swedish E-bookstore which in return ordered it from US (my guess!)…and even old NaN and Ton know/knew this…but not the European edition… (all about Blender 2.0 Guide)

So! this wont happen this time hopefully…

my 2 cents!

It was already confirmed that the 2.2 Manual will have better bindings than its predecessor.

Martin