Blender 2.3 Official Guide

At the pace Blender has been moving recently, will the 2.3 guide even be relevant when it arrives in a month?!

:wink: Just kidding. I know it will be great. But, the pace of Blender’s advancement is truly amazing.

Hiya,

uhm - why can I find the Blender 2.3 Guide on www.amazon.de at a suggested retail price of US$ 20,- (=EUR 18,73) ?

:o

why?

I can’t find…

not sure if this link works, but have a try.

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/1593270410/qid=1071327489/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_10_1/302-2247652-1973604

HEY! This does kind of suck. It is also available at US Amazon for pre-order at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1593270410/qid=1071512949/

It’s only about US$5 cheaper than it was in the Blender e-Store, but I could have save $11 on shipping since Amazon ships for free. What’s up with that. $50 instead of $35.

Anyways. I checked on my order at Blender as it shows the status as being “shipped”. Does anyone know if the new guide is ACTUALLY being shipped, or is this another glitch like the automatic email that says you order will be shipped in a couple days?

glitch…

it haven’t been printed yet, if you read carefully in the news when pre-orders started it says: “End of december…”

or didn’t you read carefully enough? %|

quoted from amazon site:

“Availability: This item has not yet been released. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.”

Ztonzy -

Has anybody ever told you that you are really annoying? You kind of come across as having this “superior” attitude that is hardly endearing.

Anyhow, as you asked:

1. Yes, I have read the printed material carefully.

2. Yes, I am aware that Amazon is only accepted pre-orders - as my comment said - perhaps YOU didn’t read it carefully enough. %|

3. My question was regarding the order status that is showing on Blender’s e-Store. When I log into my account it shows my order status as “shipped”. With most e-commerce applications this is not a status that is automatically updated - so I was curious if the information that I was “reading carefully” was correct.

I am sorry if I offended you wasn’t my intention…sorry again…

just trying to help out here and point in the right direction…

Since I have been in this community for almost 3 years now I hope to being at a level of knowledge that is more common to me than more new users…

so my way is only help as quick as possible…and if you dont want my help please tell us…

I’m not offended.

How? You pointed me to a 3 1/2 week old post that says shipment would commence the end of December - and you had to include an unfounded assumption that I wasn’t aware of that rolling eyes and all.

So when does the end of December start? Next week? In my experience, it is not totally ridiculous or unheard of for shipment plans to change slightly within a 3 1/2 week period - especially when my official order status has been updated to “shipped”.

The amazon quote was just redundant.

I’m not complaining about your knowledge, which no doubt is an asset to the community. It’s your “duh, are you stupid?” style of delivery. I doubt that is what you intend, but that is how it seems to come across - and I’m not just talking about this 1 post.

Of course we want your help. We need everyone’s help.

oh oh oh! nobody calls the z-man annoying when i’m here! :stuck_out_tongue:
so please be kind to each other!
:Z
.andy

wow, dont ditch the z man! thats just rude

:Z :Z :Z :Z :Z

@ndy -

Nevermind. My post was stupid. Ths is a forum. People have different native languages. Text isn’t the best medium to decipher “tones of voice” anyhow. I’m just saying, try not to treat people like they are stupid when you are “helping” them. That’s all.

Ditto to @ndy and LohnC!

:Z

Ooooh… just 2 more and we hit 1000!!! :smiley: :o :smiley:

h00t h00t! I just placed the 1000th order!

we win.

he is far superior to us lower blenderheads. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ta Dah!!! The ox managed to scrounge out the cash from his mere pittance for the quide. I am SO glad to be able to help in this way. Seeing all the work that has gone into blender I just had to do it somehow. It became a priority to me. I know that to most it doesn’t seem like much to some but I am glad that now I have been able to show my appreciation for this fantastic software tool in a real way. Thanks BF and community!

Anyone know about the Blender Guide? I was sent an email (from Amazon) saying the publisher didn’t expect to release it until Dec of 04.

Thanks…

Amazon isn’t always reliable with release dates.

I don’t think the delay will be that much, or they must decide to delay the release for every new function.:wink:

i saw somewhere on http://www.blender.org that the coders team is planing to release the official release 2.32 in about 1-2 weeks. So I say a month if I calculate time to document the new stuff, print and send. the book will be on my desk in a month ( I hope).