Blender 2.8 supported cards

My current HD 5450 is not supported by blender 2.8.viewport feels little slow,can you guys and girls suggest any low end cheap graphics card supported by blender 2.8.I did browse through" Supported GPUs in Blender 2.80"page but I can’t find any solution there.just to be clear I don’t need graphics card for rendering purpose. I just need a graphics card for smooth viewport performance.

Current config:i3 3.3ghz,Hd5450,4gb ram,win 10.

It would be good to receive better advice than you mention the available budget you have.

I’m from India price of GPU differs,money is not problem.

1 Like

For smooth viewport you need good graphic card. Best OpenGL performance equal smooth viewport performance.

As far as graphic display is concerned and there are no CPU tasks in question, that is true. Researching on OpenGL benchmarks can help make a decision. Also the greater the amount of vRAM the better (Mainly for Eevee).
Also, nvidia is preferable for Blender. Unfortunately ATI drivers usually bring headaches.

1 Like

I run Blender 2.8 using nVidia Geforce 1030 with 2Gt RAM without issues.

However, I know that in Windows if I render using GPU cycles tile or Eevee scene that takes too much time, Windows shutdown the driver. Blender also crashes if layer doesn’t fit to GPU memory when using GPU rendering.

I expect to have same issues every GPU. It is just amount of memory and flops how much GPU can chew.