Blender Game Making Challenge 10 Winner: Insectors by Wallmasterr

I liked prometheus, serenity, aliens, district 9 and sadly (sags head in shame) Tron Legacy …

O and as well

number one = Pandorum :smiley:

The winner of BGMC 10 will get one of these games:
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Dead Space
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
Mirror’s Edge

What do you think about that ?

My choice: Mirror’s Edge

From the list, I think the game is better with design solutions and creative ideas.:smiley:

At least in Germany: You bought it - you can resell it or give it away for free as long as … you do not keep a copy (no installation and no backup).

These games are not physical copies, they are Steam Codes. Once you redeem the code its tied to your account and can’t be used again.

You can gift them cant you?

No, but they are just codes so anyone can use them.
Edit:
Don’t worry guys, the winner will receive a Steam Game code that he can redeem for the game.

I’ve played (and own) all 4 on xbox… if you put a gun up to my head, I would still hesitate. They’re all equally good in their own way.
It seems as though it’s been decided though, Mirror’s Edge is pretty awesome!

Still gonna participate, I know I won’t win, and in the event that I do, my computer can’t play any of them anyways xD
I would gladly donate to the 2nd place.

@RandomPickle97
I’m sure you will make a great game.

I would consider this if I like the theme. I was thinking of a multiplayer arcade party game.

Also, is it ok to copy / paste code from other games I’ve toyed with? (most of which are already publicly availible?)

multiplayer arcade party game

I don’t think it’s possible to make a good multiplayer game in 7 days.

Also, is it ok to copy / paste code from other games I’ve toyed with?

No.
If its something simple that it won’t be a problem to write it again, and if its something complex than its not fair to others. You can however use publicly available modules and python scripts to speed up the development.

Yey , i will hopefully be entering this time time round. Keep missing it it the past. I might even take the leap to using the newest blender over 2.49b

This is awesome, a prize this time for the winner!!! Count me in for giving it a go.

Challenge accepted! :wink:

I’ll definitely be joining the competition this time around, assuming the theme is something I feel like I can work with. Mirror’s Edge also seems like a great prize. It’s one of those games that I’ve always been curious about, but never ended up buying.

Good to see you guys, this will be a good one.
The theme will be announced in the next 15 hours, I wish you the best of luck.

Count me in :smiley: maybe if I keep entering the BGMC I’ll eventually manage to finish for once :stuck_out_tongue:

Theme announced !

So do we need to put the characters and environment of the movie in the game or do you have to create a game with your own characters which shows and links to the movie which you have chosen/watched.

Whatever you feel the game of that movie/show/cartoon should be.