Blender Game Making Challenge 10 Winner: Insectors by Wallmasterr

Ah man, I would like to participate, but ATM I have a slow network, and limited too…I wil try to though :smiley:

Well, I really wanted to participate in the contest this time, but I’ve been really busy all week, and I’ll be gone for the weekend, so I guess not. :frowning: Good luck to everyone, and I can’t wait to see all your submissions.

Currently working in a project… maybe I can participate into this.
Here is one char of it: SPAM LINK REMOVED

A little more than 30 hours left, double check your external resources (relative paths or packed images) and good luck.

Still don’t have an idea of what to make…
I’ve been back-and-forth on multiple movies, this is a really hard theme!

How are we supposed to make them available? Can I put it on google drive or is there somewhere special you want it?

Upload it where you usually upload stuff and post a download like in your wip thread.
On Monday around noon I’ll collect all the links and setup a voting page.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah, silly me, as soon as I wrote that I went back to your blog and there was the instructions at the bottom of the
rules part.:o

Looks like I won’t enter this one actually. I have school on Monday and have barely finished the player model. So Sorry guys. Next one maybe.

Just spent the last 2 hours making the parking lot - street scene from Terminator 2… it sucks, pretty bad. (the game only last ~25secs, and is more of a “sit back and watch” than anything else")

You can also shoot, but nothing happens.
For the sake of having less games to vote for, I will NOT enter mine. I wasted a lot of time that I could’ve put towards doing something productive, OH WELL. xD
Maybe next time, right??

First post updated.

@RandomPickle97
The file you uploaded is called “WTF IS THIS SH”, you didn’t make a wip thread, I don’t have any screenshot of your game and don’t know the name so I won’t post it to bgmc.tk or include it in the voting.

BGMC rules are not that complicated and I suggest you follow them next time.

I said “I will NOT enter mine”, just like that. Did you read any of it?? I also mentioned the movie, first line too.
You better not include it in the voting, it’s an abomination

And it’s hard to make a WIP thread when you’re switching back & forth between movies, I also gave up multiple times, then switched movies again… it just never ended, damn theme :’<

I already played them all. I do not know all the mentioned movies but I think nobody missed the topic in here. I’m pretty impressed that all games run very smooth and offer a consistent atmosphere. Well done.

Cant wait to play through all the games at the weekend. Well done to everyone who entered. Again, I am struggling to find the time to make a game in a week. I started to make a ‘Scream’ game, but ended up with a busy week. I swear, one of these days I’ll get round to entering one of these competitions.

I haven’t watched the WIP treads for the games, I always like to play them without a biased view on them.

edit: How long does the voting last?

Voting has started:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17mej1lklyLWe74LTrqrZNdkOrt1MbzUmccmY6Fz9ELY/viewform

Voting will last until noon on Monday. So almost 3 days.

Is it possible to view the results without voting?
I’ve already voted but am interested in how the results evolved.

Sure

One more hour to vote

Seams like Insectors will win.
Hope there’ll be a linux version. Id love to play it.

I could upload the blend if you want?
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1uee0Nf50b8WC1naFFJOEFCemM/edit?usp=sharing
This should be all the files. hope it works
made in 2.66a

Congratulations to Wallmasterr, and thanks to Josip for making the whole thing happen. I think BGMC is a really cool idea, and I’m glad I took part in it.

Unfortunately I was a little taken aback yesterday when I found out that the voting was being done with google forms. To my knowledge people can submit answers to a google form as many times as they want, and all of those submissions will be counted. I’m not saying Wallmasterr or anyone else voted for themselves 80 times or something, but the thing is, we don’t know. This seems like a legitimacy problem for the challenge imo.

I don’t think it’s that big of a deal, and I couldn’t care less about Mirror’s Edge. But I would like a realistic picture of what people actually thought of my game. There would also be a problem if the challenge grows and someone is kind enough to offer a really big prize, or a couple hundred dollars for the winner. Wouldn’t that generous person be entitled to more accurate polling results? As it stands right now it looks as though the winner can be determined by one person who has no ethics.

Again, I’m not accusing anyone of wrongdoing, I just think that the BGMC could use a little bit of improvement in this area. If I’ve gotten something wrong, or I’m just being stupid, please tell me. But I would very much like a reply from Josip about this.

Thanks,

Yancy