Blender Game Making Challenge 32 [ Theme:SPACE - Mechanic:Visual Storytelling / No Words]

Blender Game Making Challenge 32 [ Theme:SPACE - Mechanic:Visual Storytelling / No Words]

Begins - > 12:00 PM Monday (Pacific Time) - but you can sketch / plan all you want until then,

Ends → 12:00 PM Sunday (Pacific Time)

Only use assets available to everyone
please credit others if their work is used.

Create a game thread in Wip section this forum and add the label [BGMC32] to the title and the tag bgmc to the post

you post your progress, you are free to work as much as you can during the week
submit your game saturday for bug testing and pencils down for judging at noon on sunday.

Please Use Godot - BGE - UPBGE - Panda3d -Armoury or anything else 100% open source no strings.

BGMC32Countdown
<div data-type="countdown" data-id="2056096" class="tickcounter" style="width: 100%; position: relative; padding-bottom: 25%"><a href="//www.tickcounter.com/countdown/2056096/bgmc32" title="BGMC32">BGMC32</a><a href="//www.tickcounter.com/" title="Countdown">Countdown</a></div><script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, pjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//www.tickcounter.com/static/js/loader.js"; pjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, pjs); }(document, "script", "tickcounter-sdk"));</script>

@moderators how does one embed a timer ?
2020-06-29T19:00:00Z

7 Likes

Good luck everyone, I look forward to seeing all of your games!

4 Likes

Good luck, folks!

I was playing around with the forum UI to figure out how to add the timed and discovered this feature. Here is the start and end date of the jam:

• Deadline: 2020-06-29T19:00:00Z2020-07-05T19:00:00Z
5 Likes

Storytelling with NO words? Maan, what kind of french hipster indie filmmaker kind of game am I supposed to make out of that?

Oh, well. At least it’s an excuse to work on music over coding too much, which is a nice change. Artsy walk simulator it is… IN SPACE!

does UE4 count as open source? since the source is freely available and distributed by epic, and by “only use assets available to everyone” does that mean no assets you make yourself? or just no expensive asset packs?

Look at the title, UE4 is no blender/ fork of blender, the other engines mentioned are.

This means no $$$ packs, all assets are either from the resource section of this forum/ anywhere else, as long as it’s free to get for everyone or made by yourself, assets that you make will be opensource when you release the game.

so free or made by yourself.

godot isn’t a fork of blender, armory is an addon for blender not a fork of blender, panda3d is neither an addon for blender or a fork of blender

Yeah I stipulated no engines that are not free to use without changes in license based on profits

The true open source engines that are not for profit

I would agree with you that using UE4 is fair game if Godot, Armory or even Panda3D are allowed. I would argue that UPBGE is “not Blender” anymore since it is not officially endorsed by the BF, but just a GE deeply integrated into a fork of main Blender.

Anyway everyone, should we simply celebrate the act of making games using Blender for making most of the 3d assets?

@BluePrintRandom since the game will not be sold there’s no clause that will involve UE’s legal team to come down here and claim money.

edit: unless you insist on the “engine purety”, but now I feel bad telling @Tieguaili_3D off because he is familiar with UE…

We are trying to encourage people to use open source software without any profit stipulations.

1 Like

Because putting bread on the table is wrong. But I understand, let’s not debate this too much, I leave the point to you. Happy blendering to everyone.

@CG_Sky what do you think?

I thought that the Blender Game Making Challenge was primarily about using the Blender Game Engine / UPBGE or Armory (a small stretch).

If you want to use other engines there are already tons of game jams out there. So I think we should stick to game engines that are integrated into Blender.

3 Likes

Just a heads-up, since this is a challenge and member contest, I’ve moved this thread (as well as threads for previous BGMCs) over to #contests:member-contests.

3 Likes

All the best Everyone i look forward to playing and testing your games!
I’ll be spectating as i continue development on my Current projects :wink:

Fred/K.S

okay, so @BluePrintRandom caught me a bit off guard with the start of the gamejam. I guess I’ll have some catching up to do.
Due to this, I wasn’t able to announce the jam in any way and I feel like it went under peoples radars.

Not quite sure how it just started without a proper announcement, but due to this reason I feel like I cannot give away a price…

What do you guys think? Maybe I just missed the final announcement?
Please let me know down below.

I announced the BGMC on Facebook blender game, indie game chat, Facebook upbge, discord indie game group, python group, armoury group, blender groups etc

I even announced on Twitter.

But I am not in this for any prizes myself.

1 Like

I always compete as well, not for the money either. Though I do feel like is was shown enough places. Usually we have several people post their games later without a WIP. I hope we can get several more people competing either way.

It ain’t about money. This is what we love.

1 Like

Were there any entries to this contest?
With Unreal something crappy could be made in that time frame. With Blender walking simulator is about all that could be done. Making games is hard work.