Blender Guru Competition: Photo Realism

No comments or suggestions? :\

I would suggest adjusting the wires. They look like stiff cables resting on the poles, instead of being connected and drooping; they form too blunt of an edge at the pole tops. The bottom of the sag is also pointy. If you increase the length of a point’s arms, it’s curve becomes wider.
While having one selected, you can press V to see it’s vector options (whether it should be determined by Blender; Automatic, should be hard; Vector, etc.). That should make adjustments a lot easier and give a more ‘electricity cable’ look.

I can’t fault you on the rest.

Before adding in more objects, just check the rules again. You mentioned a wolf you’ve been working on (don’t know if you wanted to add it, but I don’t want this image disqualified). It does say that it must be a new project, so no models from previous projects, 3rd part modelers like make human, borrowed models, modeled in other programs like ZBrush, Wings, etc are allowed.

Great work though! Keep using Blender, you are a very quick study!

Thank you! yeah the wires do look funny didnt even notice, i was so worried about everything else haha,
I dont plan on using any previous models, and this is a new project that i started the day of the competition.
I actually plan on doing an interior scene and having this image being the backround scenery. I hope everything comes out good, but cycles has been so grainy with the interior it will take days to render a good image >->

Hi everyone!

I’m happy to finish the endless process of adjustments and want to show you the result.

Foggy morning

During this last 6 days I was searching for a free time to make this project. (beside the main work)
I was inspired to create this scene after a journey with my friends, where we vent far beyond the city to clearly see a stars. The morning of the next day was very foggy. But when the sun risen over the horisont it was a picturesque site! This is the reason I want to recreate that picture from memory.

Modeling, texturing and compositing were made with Blender 2.63a
Rendered with both Cycles and internal renderer. Original size of the image - 1920x1080.

• with cycles: foreground (700 samples), background (50 samples);
  • with internal renderer: fog, voulumetric light, steam over a cup.

Minimal post processing was made with the help of Gimp: removing of white dots and little issues on trees.

In this scene I mostly used a procedural textures. The image textures are: label on a telescope, picture on the cup and texture of trees.

Full size image: http://i.imgur.com/ua2M2.jpg
Hope you like it!

Best wishes,
Roman Volkov

The rest is practically perfect as far as I can tell.

You can watch Andrew’s tutorial on realistic materials in Cycles. He has a great tip and method for getting better results for light shining through glass.

Looking forward to your final entry! If your scene’s outside looks that good, the inside scene is gonna rock!!!
(^_^)!

This is my image for the blender contest. not very good but
i am 8 :eyebrowlift:

Attachments

Apenas me registre y solo estoy escribiendo para probar peo en cuanto este acabe mi imagen de blender subire mi imagen un saludopara todos los competidores por el momento

hare una casa

@cafestatus No comprindo

From Google Translate it’s something along:
“Just register and I’m just writing to try pean as this finish my image will upload my image a blender. Greeting for all competitors at the moment”
and
“hare a house”
That’s the best I can do, I don’t speak spanish, lol.

http://i.imgur.com/JSh8W.png

Rendered in Cycles, maybe a Work in Progress.

High Res Link Here:

http://imgur.com/EBxHP

Good luck,

Ah, realism… I want to enter, but I don’t think my work will look anything real-like…
:smiley: Hm. Why not try, though?

I can make anything, right? Can it be something simple?

A Telecaster in it’s natural habitat.

EDIT I figured out how to do an AO pass and add it to the image, so I did. I think it helps a bit.

Attachments

I think it fine as long as it can be measured for realism. For example, you can’t measure a spaceship for realism, unless it’s like one that already exists, you know. Just go read the rules on the site before you start anything though (^^,).

Wow! That looks great, especially the soft glow coming from the edge of the guitar!

hi , i will put my entry when i am sure that it finish but i can show you wath it will look like .

I call it : my heaven point of wiew.

hope you like it

here is my submission:

downloadable version:
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/165/8/b/wooden_savings_by_peturpetur-d53fnms.png

Just my work , finally decided to finish the yamaha piano
It’s my first time using cycles so any suggestions are welcomed

Very cool!
Could use some mor work on that blue thing in background, also too sharp edges on trucks. Great concept!

Can I use HDRI image in my project?