Blender LEGO FPS Game :: Armies of War: Red Assault

Dude, please, for the sake of all; Take the specular off the lamps. PLEASE. :’(

Great job!

what does the specular do with the game, ill see what it does. anyway thanks for the reply.

that actually did it thanks for helping :slight_smile:

Your reply helped it looks much better now, Thanks. Also thanks for the reply. :slight_smile:

might post another video today!
I had a reply from cam.dudes he helped really much. With his help I’ve go a better look on the game.
top picture=old look
bottom picture=new look

Attachments

Glad I could help! Keep up the great work!! :slight_smile:

Use specular on metal and shiny surfaces, and change the Hardness depending on the surface. Nice work nikita, you’ve come a long way. :slight_smile:

Thanks, I am turning the specular on metal and shiny things.

A fun thing to do is change the reload time hahaha

The non-lit areas are really dark. You should put a blueish hemi lamp in the opposite direction of what I think is a sun lamp.

Also, why are you using 2.49?

i am using blender 2.49 because im just used to it.

Crap, I lost my level notes once I find them i’ll continue making the game. :frowning:

Made a new name for the game. Working on the menu stay tuned.

Read the Story and reply if you’d like.

It’s beginning to look like a good game (besides the texturing). I’m sure you already have this planned but once your done making the foundation of the game (levels, player, menu, etc…) you should really focus on gameplay. I think right now what you have is a good start, but if you want this game to really get people’s interest, you gotta have good gameplay. Sorry of you’ve heard that alot already but it’s true. Once you’ve got the gameplay down, focus on the details (ie: textures, special effects, characters etc etc)

I commend you for sticking to this game project and hope it becomes what you want it to be when it’s finished :slight_smile:
Happy Blending

P.S: I’ll be watching the progress So keep those updates coming :wink:

Thanks man, I hope i will get into this again someday. Also how’s the Name of the game?

Also how’s the Name of the game?

I like it, but it doesn’t tell us it’s lego, which is what you want, right?

Yes, i dont really want my game to be called Lego WW2 anyway so yeah.

My main menu is so epic almost finished with the main menu.

i think that this game will be free :slight_smile: