⚠ Blender NPR guru LightBWK needs our help, help him avoid becoming homeless

Karma? Did he do something to warrant karmic retribution?

With first 4K dollars, this is what Sage Light Bwk asks for: a very simple tiny home, no frills.
He is NOT asking for gilted stairs or chandliers. He only wants a tiny space with a roof over his head, a bed for sleeping in, and a tiny kitchen included.

5 Likes

It is now less than $500 to reach 4K which suffices for a tiny home without electricity.

If Light Bwk doesn’t ever get any more than 3500 and that others won’t pitch in, then I will make few sacrifices so that he will get his 4K. At present, there are only 103 donors. A pity, no more than that.

5 Likes

I have to correct you, sorry Rita: donations are 103, but donors are 98 :wink:
Do you know when the deadline is, precisely? I didn’t read a date on GoFund (just something about 45 days of time, I guess starting from end of May?).

I have seen a few like Jerry Perkins donating a second time. I don’t know the date for deadline. I hope we will get far.

2 Likes

That tiny house looks awesome and I want one - especially the price. House prices are crazy in the UK, and landlords put in rules that don’t work for me like “no pets” - plus you can always chain a few of these together to make a family home. There’s still the issue of renting the land it sits on, but it still looks like a cool cheap alternative to dealing with estate agents.

I have an idea. If anybody wants to see his or her name in animated Gregg shorthand, then please donate US $100 toward Light Bwk’s tiny home. Below is the name of Bart Veldhuizen in Gregg shorthand. Request beforehand.

2 Likes

How do we even know he injured his arm for sure. How naive people are, believing every story in the internet.

We don’t.
It is called “trust”. And of course we’re all idiots, every human being with brains knows that.

6 Likes

It’s up to you. As for me: in this case I take the risk because loosing some money, for me, would be much less important than not helping someone who asks for help.
You know: we make ourselves the persons we are, feel free to follow what you feel better for you, but don’t come here pretending to be smart: that attitude says that you are not.

3 Likes

If you read the initial post, you can clearly see in the first line “Light BWK has been a community cornerstone in the Non-Photorealistic Rendering (NPR)”. I bolded the words community and cornerstone so that you may see it this time. Do you think we are only donating because of some injury? If you notice, no where in the go fund me does it even mention the injury.

People can care about other people in this community and chose to give the extra money that we have. What is naive, is for you to come here spouting disbelief in someones misfortune.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but these claims are impossible to verify. If he is in dire need, he can first turn to local community and local government resources for emergency assistance: these resources will know how to verify the need and to offer appropriate help. I don’t think that it is proper to make an appeal for money on an Internet forum.

Much of the idea behind Gofundme itself is raising money for situations like this. For many people, it has worked much better than trying to receive services paid for by you and me as taxpayers. Not having to deal with bureaucracy and its wild inefficiencies can be a good thing.

Also, I don’t think we need to have a “prove it” mentality here, LightBwk is not known for lying to or misleading the community for personal gain.

6 Likes

Are you sure you understand how government assistance works in Malaysia, or are you just assuming they have good programs and local communities like the country you live in? I am not saying I know Malaysia, but from your post to me it sounds like you live in a country that has good programs / strong local community. People around the world live vastly different qualities of life.

If the blender community is who benefits the most from BWKs work in NPR, then we should have the opportunity to support him in his time of need. key word, opportunity. No one is forced.
If the blender community is simply going to only criticize this guy in his time of need, than in my opinion we do not deserve him.

As you can see however, we have chosen to step up and help, and its moments like this that make me proud to be a blender user.
Its important to note that BWK himself didn’t start this gofundme. The community did. More reason to be proud if you ask me.

4 Likes

What country do you come from, where government resources exist?

1 Like

Look, you need an excuse not to donate any cent to help Light Bwk, not even to buy him a cup of tea. We get that. Well, nobody is forcing you to do anything for Light Bwk.

Consider how Light Bwk has over the YEARS been giving much to the NPR community. Now what do they give back to him? The reluctant ones give him silent treatments. Some give him hope and wish him all the luck, but WON’T donate as little as the price of a coffee. Lots are making excuses not to help Light Bwk. Only 114 people so far have come to his aid. Some of them have even donated TWICE. Jerry Perkins did exactly that and he probably will make another donation and another — it looks it that way to me.

Few weeks ago, I had 8 ROTTEN DAYS of seeking help for him. I got no responses in those days. Only 3 responses on one week before that. After that, there were 8 consecutive days of NO ACTION happening in Light Bwk’s GoFundMe. I advertised his GoFundMe page in Blender FB groups and got kicked out by a few. I advertised too in Twitter and Youtube. I got nothing, but silent treatments. I also advertised in my public scrapbooks and I do not know how many heeded the ads therein. Things did suddenly change, when Bart Veldhuizen wrote an article which immediately got attention from the big boys above, who then made pleas for Light Bwk. Those with the big names really made the BIG differences and that was all new to me. I was surprised.

2 Likes

ROFL! Give me a break. That is too funny.
Aren’t you now getting too posh for what you consider too im-proper? You lack a touch of humanity, no humility in you.
Look, you do your own thing, exactly whatever that makes you happy, whatever that is “proper” to you.

4 Likes

4001!!! First goal met, yeee!
Now the tiny house has its first tranche paid.
I think at this point I will wait for LightBWK to settle in the house and then chime in to inform us about the amount he received putting together GoFund and PayPal.
Up to now it was important for us to take action without too many questions.
Now, in my opinion, comes the time to be informed in detail about possible further needs. And… this would clear it for the few who didn’t do anything for (officially) lack of evidences :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@Yogyog, when you have a temporary house like a shed, you don’t need a planning permission for it, according to UK law, if you care to remember that. I once read that in a British art magazine, an article about an artist wanting an outdoor studio that comes with electricity and running water.
A tiny home without a foundation is considered a “temporary house,” so planning permission is unneeded, but do though check with Council.

I hear that modular houses are becoming popular. They can be built within 1 - 3 days.

I hope your dream for a tiny home won’t be shattered, when you want more space for your books, paintings, hobbies and suchlikes. Anyway, your tiny house will have low maintenance and be easy on your heating bills.
i once wanted a barge or narrow boat for a tiny home, but I didn’t have the money for it. I forgot all about it, until now.

1 Like

Thank you for your advice! I have also looked into living in a barge, but I think a tiny house like this could be a closer, easier goal.