Blender Open Game Development Project-Wrectified

well, I am sorry to be snappy,

It’s just I am already coding my face off whenever I can get a minute and everyone has been sick, I am a bit cranky I suppose.

remember that this grandscale team project ended up with a team of 1 and it’s hard to code solutions for art problems.
(like generating a terrain instead of a artist painting it etc)

ok generation takes up to 3.25ms per tile
up to 2 per frame is max 7ms per frame

once a tile has been placed once, the next time it’s moved it saves its old data to a dictionary, if a new tile is moved here later it uses this data

now we have persisting data next up is saving the world dictionary as a pickle or json on recalling it (so it will never need generated again)

fun fact we can also edit the data in game

next up is object instance placement and recall

Ok! save / load / quit all working now!

also got brush system working across seams and nice and smooth :smiley:

edit:
and that is all for today.

skybox is in and land fades in using alpha and anti-aliasing and nodes

Now we are getting somewhere.

Can’t you make the ground smoother? :slight_smile:

I like it :slight_smile: . Really good work.

‘Can’t you make the ground smoother?
:)’ ya but I need logic breathing room for spawning buildings and running player / enemies (if you mean higher resolution) - if you mean the topology yeah thats easy. I need the topo for ‘gates’ for gameplay planning / ‘rings of danger’

I like it :slight_smile: . Really good work.

• Thanks!

my fiber is down do to a fire across the lake.

going to render to texture using this view, swap materials back in main view and then apply render texture as a minimap

(almost same nodes just using view distance for alpha vs distance from point lamp)

minimap is in

also added ‘sculpted’ lake beds.

Was supposed to work a bit on world editing tools, but took a day off to experiment with FX

Now we have tron trails etc

World editing GUI for placement in, need to do shortcuts to hide / expose tools sets and mouse and a gui for the brush,
added x-ray to paint brush to fix a few bugs, and added a ‘blocking’ sensor that turns off the xray kinda
if mouseover.positive and not blocking.positive:
(tab)doStuff()

this way I can have the gui elements clickable by spawning ‘masking’ on the main layer
*(so you don’t go painting behind the UI while it’s running)

Little things to make it better packaged and usable and then we make a nice demo eh?

went to merge manic mack core into world genrator,and the scales as physics were borked, so I rescaled the world, which broke vehicle physics.

I rewrote from scratch and now it’s sooo much better.

Mack is on the grid!

it’s not pretty but it’s a start!

now to get everything working 100% and get a story going.

Thanks to youle, KX_meshProxy.recalcNormals(M_index) is in upbge branch ge_normals

Wrectified world streamer at full steam in manic mack!

using recalcNormals() now so that is significantly faster

found a number of smaller bugs and gripes

hooked inputs back up

keyboard.inputs() changed slightly

ninjaneer chest plate design concept

edit:

Attachments