Blender Simulation broken

Hey guys,

so i wanted to use the wiggle bones addon and it worked perfectly fine for like a week, after that, it became a bit jittery when i played it real time.

I noticed that not only wiggle bones has become weird, but also my softbody simulation has become extremely buggy:

The Wiggle bones loses its jittering when i bake it into keyframes. After that it works really smooth, but when i test it out in real time, it kinda lags as you can see.

These were my softbody settings:

Any help would be appreciated

Hi,

Where did you get Wiggle Bones addon? Can you provide a link?
Also, what’s your Blender version?

Thanks

I got the wiggle bones addon from this repo: https://github.com/shteeve3d/blender-wiggle-2

My Blender version is 3.6.0

Something i also noticed is that this lag with the wiggle bones addon is happening randomly. Today, after i was working in blender for like an hour, it disappeared and it didnt lag anymore. I restarted blender and it came back.

Hmm… seems to me like it’s a bug or something. However, are you sure this add-on is suits for 3.6.0? Have you tried running it in some older versions? like 3.5.1 or so.

It should work on 3.6.0 because i got this bug only like about two days ago, but i’ll try it out in earlier versions.

1 Like

Some bugs have a tendency to occur from time to time

I went back to 3.5.1 and the addon still keeps lagging, maybe its some kind of setting that i unknowingly changed that causes this problem…

Can you drop a screenshot with all of the settings of this add-on?

Sure, here:

but it still wouldnt explain why it sometimes randomly works and sometimes not

What happens if you’re gonna uncheck Loop Physics option and then Reset Phyics?

Sadly nothing changes

Try to re-install the add-on and do the same settings again

I will do that, but i found out something relatively interesting. I have a back up of my blend file that is 8 days old, and there it works without this weird jittery lagging

If you guess that you did something wrong with the Blender settings itself, you can always restore them to default ones as shown in the screenshot below:

In that case most likely, like you said before, that you probably did something wrong with the add-on settings.

I experimented a bit around and these are my findings:

-When i import the bones from the “broken” blend file into the one that is 8 days old, the wiggle bones work as intended. And when i import the old bones into the broken blend file, they are lagging like i already mentioned.

-In the old blend file i have about 10fps while i preview the wiggle bones behavior, while in the broken blend file i have a steady 24fps. Don’t worry, i have these 10fps because my laptop is not the strongest.

So it seems to be this jittery behavior happens because the broken blend file just has more fps to work with, which may cause float point miscalculation maybe? But i still couldn’t figure out why the broken blend file sits at a steady 24fps while the other one doesn’t. Both have 24fps in the output settings.

Hmm… if you mean that your new .blend file lagging because of 24FPS while the old one works less or more fine just with 10, I can assume that maybe you did something wrong with the Frame Rate settings? Take a look at the screenshot below:

Its 24fps for both blend files. I sent both blend files to a friend of mine and he also had the same problems. I could just use the old blend file, and the problem would be fixed, but the problem stays when i create a complete new blend file

Just so you know, you can import objects from one blend file into another by using Append tool.

Here’s a video tutorial on how to do this:

Maybe you can just import some of the parts from your old blend file into the new one and you’ll be fine.

If you’re having problems with an add-on, you should talk to the developer:
@shteeve