Blender used to be

Edit: This is supposed to be a response to Sundialsvc4 but the forum broke

If OP had any desire to actually improve blender, they wouldn’t go on a massive ego fueled rant putting down the new systems and all who use them (while also demonstrating a profound ignorance of how they work, and the new context of Blender in the modern 3d art world.) They’d have put some actual goddamn energy into at least understanding the new workflows and as such probably wouldn’t have made this topic in the first place.

I mean did you see their custom UI they posted here with the whole viewport squashed to the upper half of the screen like we’re in 1999 blender or something? That shit made sense when monitors were unilaterally 4:3, but it’s 2021. The standard has become 16:9 with a lot of people with productivity setups using 21:9 and wider monitors. The 2.4x paradigm is not only not compatible with the modern world, it wasn’t even compatible with the past. Everyone outside of Blender’s religious secular orgy soup (that’s so lacking in self-awareness that there’s literally a thread dedicated to teaching you lot how to be a Blender user while also being a proper goddamn human being) of a community hated it. That’s why it’s fucking changed. That’s also why it’s had a massive influx of new users and features in the past 5 years, which is apparently a downside for OP. The drum circle kumbaya shit worked for blender when the path to pro work was more obfuscated by geography and cost, but times have changed. We aren’t all hobbyists anymore.

And to top it all off, the OP said “irriguardless.” Dropped.

Forgive me if I seem mad. I am. I can’t believe we’re finally on the verge of having this incredible disruptive software shake hands with (and have a changing effect on!) the industry standards and actually have a chance of knocking Autodesk down a peg just for the oldest least self aware fanatic members of the community to make active efforts to screw it up.

6 Likes