Blender World Cup 2009

Hello!
I was wondering when will be next BWC. Maybe you have some informations ?
Do you have any predictions about theme ?
Regards.

Hi Kubeczek77,

We will be having another one this year, but unfortunately free time is tight this year.

Lets make this a quick shout out to anyone that wants to get involved to turn this thing around i need people who might be able to help with:

• Recieving and processing entries (checking information, getting images online.)
  • Sponsorship for prizes
  • Translating the rules, theme, and entry form into multiple languages (would like to go international on this one this year)
  • Web development (secure image upload would be awesome)

If you are interested in helping out in any way please drop me an email/PM

I will aim for an August start, and will keep you posted.

Cheers.

Doug

Fleece has a couple of unique properties that make it ideally worn on its own or as a layering piece. Compared to cotton or wool, fleece dries quicker, provides better warmth at less weight and is very breathable.North Face Jackets
North Face Fleece
Northface Jacket
North Face Jackets The North Face offers fleece garments in a range of weights, allowing you to choose the piece that is both right for your activity level and the weather conditions you are in. Experience The North Face Fleece Jackets now.

thank you for information.

I hope this contest will be running even if there will be no prizes. I had a lot of fun doing mine entry last year :).

Any updates? I have been looking forward to this years BWC.

I think I can help with the translating. I can do hindi and I think I can do basic french.

It’s nearly the end of August, any updates? I’ve been waiting patiently. I would participate without prizes also.

I wold also help with sorting out the entries, provided I can compete as well. (Don’t see why I couldn’t do both, but to be safe, I’m checking)

Only things I am waiting for is the theme and deadline :).

Any updates yet?.. :frowning:

Nikolaus told me to post…so I’m posting.

Any updates?

im supposed to post but idk what this thread is about i just typed in the comment box :slight_smile:

7 interested is more than enough to start the Blender World Cup…

We are past due, and this is a major Blender tradition. O.O

We should get one of the T-Shirt companies which you see in banner ads to sponsor us, they’d jump on this boat for sure, what do you guys think?

where the heck is it >_<

I was wondering what happened to the BWC 09. I improved last year working on mine and have improved since then. It would be fun with or without prizes. I am starting school next week so I will not really have the spare time to put full effort into it now. Might be interesting next year if 2.5 attracts a lot of new users.

Yah it kinda sucks starting it now, cause I’m going right into a full 24 months of hard core schooling, aka NOOO spare time. I really would have liked to enter.

yeah same deal here…full-time college student now, don’t know if i’ll have time to participate :frowning:

woo!
http://bwc.blenderartists.org/2009/topic.php

Yaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!!!