blender2.35a is out!

i.e. should I install 2.35 off of the Blender Foundation root directory of 2.34? Would that help me in the event I want to use 2.34? Or utilize texture, model, etc sub-directories for 2.35? Or should I just install over 2.34 … or a complete parallel installation?

it really depends on the person…

i feel that the best thing to do is just install 2.35 as a parallel to 2.34…

i mean, keep 2.34 and 2.35

but it really depends on your needs…

~Delta

Well, it was my “gut” feeling as well. I suppose I can use the same render and texture subdirectories since they can be set in the user preferences.

In celebration of 2.35, and the new theme exporter, I decided to make a custom theme :smiley:
http://shadowdragon1.fateback.com/Dark_theme.py
Just open it in the text-editor, and hit alt+p

http://www.imageshosted.com/images/865088darktheme.jpg

This software has grown incredibly since I first saw it featured on apple.com (it wasn’t really very attractive to me then as it is now…)

Thanks developers!

You make things like this possible!

Yes, thanks to all the developers, designers, documentation writers, script writers … and ton :slight_smile:

You have succeeded in bringing quality 3D to the masses (at least well on your way to doing so).

On another note, a strange thing happened the first time I executed 2.35. I started playing with the face select and extrude, and I couldn’t get it to display in anything other than wireframe. Shaded, solid, textured, all seemed to be ignored. Whether in object mode or edit mode. I left the script, came back in, and everything worked fine. Don’t know why this would have happened … possibly some silly thing I forgot to set … just thought I’d mention it.

just read this:

http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Releaselogs.34.0.html

its amazing what can happen in such a short time!!

to everybody involved in the dev. in any way: thumps up!!!

we do get spoiled

Good God!!! I must confess i’ve been pretty busy and havent touched blender in a couple of months. To see such release is awesome!!!
Im literally all giddy. New features. New toys. Excellent work Coders!!!

-lives where skottish? In edu land?
-new tutorial guide? sounds like a very good idea.

BLENDER! YEAH! It’s out! Celebrate and announce it to random passerbys! :smiley:

Also CGnetwork finnaly considered blender to be of some weight. cause 2.35 is the first usual release to be anouced on front page:

the last one was 2.30 with ui preview.

oh christmas has come early :smiley:

I’m really not very good with Blender, but with this face select and other stuff.

I think it’s time to start getting better at it… :wink:

yay. blender 2.35 still starts up at my old pentium 75mhz laptop.

Bobson, i dont think your allowed to have a pic in your sig. (im not a mod just warning you :expressionless: )

I haven’t got the new version downloading but for one thing the new tools in modeling will greatly help in speeding up modeling. Now if I can get textures and lighting down :wink:

Also the changelog is about the longest i’ve seen yet. I’m pretty amazed at Blender’s growth rate :o

What the? Kansas? Well it’s nice to see you’ve got your priorities laid out this time…

Hmm, I wonder who could have been responsible for that… :wink:

What’s also interesting is that Blender has also been moved out from being a sub-forum of their Wings forum, and is now it’s own on the top level.

What’s also interesting is that Blender has also been moved out from being a sub-forum of their Wings forum, and is now it’s own on the top level.

That’s cool.
Paradox

no, realy? thay are so kind.

Hmm…both the Blender3D.com and Blender.org sites are down now. The new Blender must be really attracting a lot of downloads to crash the server. 0_o; Anyway, can’t wait to try the new mesh editing tools! :slight_smile:

Blender has proved it’s still the best 3D opensource freeware studio on the net. I’m looking towards it’s future, keep developing that great awesome program developers. And special thanks to Ton himself and his team. :smiley:

Greetz
Another happy Blender3D user.