blender2.35a is out!

AFAIK Yafray does not any features to easy the modeling – if you would manualy create meshes in Yafray’s XML you would indeed be modeling, but the modeler would be your brain. POV-Ray gives you advanced modeling tools that you use via the Scene Description Language, you do not have to do everything by hand. So if it’s not modeling just because you don’t do it visualy, what is it?

programming.

yea, povray is just a renderer. Have anyone ever try to export povray models into Blender ? I’m not even sure if this is possible yet. However, if you take a look at DXF codes, you will see that it’s very similar. DXF is also very smooth until you triangulate the models. Which is the only way Blender could recognize the mesh.

Anyways, back onto the subject. As anyone went through the test235 demos ? They are unreal !!! The flock of birds is what stun me the most. But right now I’m most concern about the game engine. While the bugs and lighting are fix. I don’t see any other new features. The rendering is improve but I don’t see anything that represent multi textures, real time shadows. The rendering improve but I’m hoping for one that is clear as SDL or Cube engine. Don’t notice any special effects either. But hey, great job toward the coders, maybe now they can take a nice long break so everyone can caught up. I really like the idea of blend files as tutorial, I would really, really, really like to see more of them. But you might want to stay away of shift+tab short cut since that’s brings up the windows in Linux Mandrake.

JMS is going to be super pissed if he reads this…

Martin

JMS is going to be super pissed if he reads this…

Martin[/quote]
I think JMS does it the other way, from Blender to POV-Ray – much easier.

I know there’s a script to export to povray, but I haven’t yet seen one that will import it to blender or convert it to DXF, 3DS, OBJ and so on. If there is a way, please let me know. Also there’s a old python program that allows you to import and view “MAX” format, however I no longer see it on the web, Note this was only for python, not Blender or any other 3d model program.

Man! I finaly was able to get a piece of the .35 pie! :expressionless: :smiley:

Anyway,
hmm, let’s see… I downloaded POV-Ray earlyer this year thinking “This 'ought to be a heck of a Modeler”, I don’t remember doing anything else. LOL

There are programs that allow you to see and export models then use povray as a render output