BlenderUpdaterCLI

Hey there!
I wrote a script to update Blender to the lastest nightly build without user interaction, it all works from the command line. So you can even write a .bat file to have double-click power to update Blender.
grafik

C&C welcome. Cheers!

3 Likes

I understand that to use it you need to have full Python installed on system?

Nope,you can download a self-contained .exe here: https://github.com/overmindstudios/BlenderUpdaterCLI/releases

1 Like

Great! This is what im looking for! Can You in future versions add option to delete all files/folders in directory to which the new blender version is copied before copy new files?

can you open an issue on github for that to keep track of it? Thanks!

Done. Where BlenderUpdaterCLI keep temporary downloaded archive fiile when -k argument is turn on?

It creates a new folder within the folder the script resides where those files are kept.

I use:

C:\C\BlenderUpdaterCLI.exe" -p H:\Blender\Blender2.81 -o windows -a x64 -k

After that i have no folder with zipped blender in C:\C\ directory

that is weird - there should be a /blendertemp folder in there that contains the .zip… I’ll investigate!

I have no blendertemp folder. I check the hidden files too

Any news about missing temp folder? I use Your script everyday and this folder with previous version of blender is much needed.

I cannot reproduce the error here. If the script is in C:\Tools\BlenderUpdater, it will create a C:\Tools\BlenderUpdater\blendertemp folder to download the .zip - and if the -k flag is set, it will not delete it afterwards. So on my end, it works as expected…

Ok problem solved. I have BlenderUpdaterCLI.exe in “C:\C” - no folder blendertemp
When i move to “C:\C\BlenderUpdater\BlenderUpdaterCLI.exe” i have blendertemp folder in
“C:\C\BlenderUpdater\blendertemp”. Works great!

Ah, thanks for the feedback!

Thank you tobkum for this nice script!

Alternatively, you can also use Blender Version Manager (Windows/Linux):

Updated to work with 2.81 and 2.82 nightly builds. Same for the Gui version over at https://github.com/overmindstudios/BlenderUpdater

Where i find BlenderUpdaterCLI.exe version for nightly builds 2.82?

Just download the latest version, works with all versions on the buildbot!

1 Like