Blendinglife - Woman (Finished)

I am very aware of this… the eyes have been done from scarch now 14 times i think.

edit : adde picture to this new page:

outdated

Testing differend kinds of lighting.

New bump, spec mats… and some nodes altered… fighting of problems… lots of problems.

Things to do:
Fix Eyemakeup
Fix Ear
Fix Strange shadow on nose
Fix Hair… gosh…

Woah! She looks REAL now! Maybe play with her ear still, it doesn’t look quit there. Awesome job!

I wouldnt say that… But its getting to the right direction. Uploaded new picture, minor upgrades.

Things to do:
Fix Eyemakeup
Fix Ear
Fix Strange shadow on nose
Fix Hair… gosh…

hmm… I’d fill out the eye lashes just a tad more.

I am not sure what you mean?

Last for tonight… Thanks to Briggs for answering some questions regarding internal works of blender…

Now i ask you people… how do i make the hair smoother on the root?

It looks as if you have set the children att “emit from particles” instead of “emit from faces”. I did this first too, since “emit from faces” makes them emit from every face on the model. The trick is to make a vertex group that affects the density of child particles. Also if you want it really smooth at the roots I think you could assign an alpha blend texture that quickly fades them in at the root.

Hope this helps… Oh and it´s looking much better since last time I checked:yes:

Thats just it… I’ve done all this and stil it looks like iron wires instead of hair… :S

I think i found part of the problem. For some reason the alphablend for hairs had its mapping set to sphere… But still the result is not too great ->

outdated

outdated

Hair MK II… .added hairpins… and umm… adjustments to ear.

This is looking a ton better. I wouldn’t bother too much about the hair. They are so dark that we don’t distinguish the “iron wire” look so much. But the next big issue are the ear. Especially how they connect with the zygomatic bone and the cheeks. Needs more work there.

Yeah… I am aware of this… I am currently doing some general changes on the “theme”… as i found another (more to my liking) theme for her… testing it out as i type this.

Yeah the ear is bit problematic because the geometry around there is… kinda… not well build. It gets easily streching etc at this point. .so i have to be very subtle about making changes around there.

I always almost crack a laugh for that one at these forums.

outdated

Finally managed to get some updates done. Been busy with 2 personal HTML projects… Yes i know… needs shitload work and more decor…

man this is the worst nightstand i’ve ever seen.
it suxx0rs my b0xx4rs.

.b

outdated

I am starting to get there… Nodeworks seem to be the largest issue now imho…

http://www.aeon-visuals.com/blender/compos/blendlife08.jpg

Whole load new stuff, and new nodes. Testing more … intresting nodes. but failing.

actually I think it’s starting to look pretty damn good

I’ve been watching your progress for a little while now and you’ve been doing a superb job, however it doesn’t look totally realistic, and I’ve never been able to quite put my finger on it. Now I think I’ve found the problem(s):

• the hair along the edges looks just a tad off, as in there’s those strands just sitting out there on the edges all alone, I don’t recall anybody’s hair being like that.
  • Her eyes look too dry, we usually have a very thin film of moisture over our eyeballs, to protect them, I can’t see that in this picture.
  • The skin on her face doesn’t look soft enough, it looks sorta like dryed waxy sort of stuff crossed with a polymer of some kind. Not quite on there, that’s the biggest problem, the skin. Check out this tutorial if you haven’t already, I think you might be able to implement a few of those techniques to get a great effect: http://features.cgsociety.org/story_custom.php?story_id=4006
  • Where are the holes for her earrings?
  • Her skin’s too perfect, add some lines around the eyes, they add personality, are they laugh lines? Or sadness? And on her brow, she looks stern, what about frown lines?
  • The hair is nearly impossible to see, it just looks like a clump, you might want to think about that.

Finally, IMO the render before the latest was the best, it really makes her look a lot better and more real.