Blendit - Full dynamic material blending of objects

Appreciate this approach :+1:

I was summoned due to a couple flags, i wont take actions against any of the flagged comments. People are allowed to be critical, as long as its not taken too far, or as long as its not purely intended to hurt the creators, which i dont think is the intent behind some of the critical posts.

That said, be mindful that it is an open market, if you dont like it, then dont buy it :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

blendermarket link ?

Yeah I went deep in switching off add-ons, now left with the stuff I really really canā€™t live without. Switching off more would actually be limiting. I can send you a shot of activated plugins if youā€™d like?

Thanks, I donā€™t need it anymore. I will release a quick fix very soon. :wink:

1 Like

The add-on is currently only available on Gumroad.
Is it a better choice for you to use Blender Market? There are higher fees and add-on price will be different.
My goal was to offer you a very cheap add-on with options to support further development, if you like.

1 Like

EDIT: I saw that the topic was already addressed.

great addon by the way, I was looking for something like this!

1 Like

Hi. Iā€™ve just bought this addon, but cannot make it work. Iā€™ve even loaded the factory settings because I suspected some addon colision but it still did not help :frowning: These are some error messages Iā€™ve encountered:

\

And a second one:

There is only a problem in [blend materials]. Normals and UVā€™s does not give an error

Hi, this issues are caused by Animation Nodes add-on and other add-ons that manipulate with nodes. Another issue occur when you use the Reroute Node. I know about it and I will release an update very soon.

1 Like

Thanks, Removing animation nodes helped :smiley: Canā€™t wait for the reroute fix
Thank you for your support,
Have a nice day

1 Like

Hi, I got curious and bought the addon but got this error:

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Flatron\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\Blendit.py", line 426, in execute
    create_material_blend(active_obj, obj)
  File "C:\Users\Flatron\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\Blendit.py", line 340, in create_material_blend
    _node_clon = copy_node(_node, _new_mat.node_tree.nodes)
  File "C:\Users\Flatron\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\Blendit.py", line 269, in copy_node
    copy_node_attributes(_nde_attributes, source_node, _new_node)
  File "C:\Users\Flatron\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\Blendit.py", line 252, in copy_node_attributes
    setattr(to_prop, _attr, getattr(from_prop, _attr))
AttributeError: bpy_struct: attribute "hdri_prop_nodes" from "ShaderNodeOutputMaterial" is read-only

Not using animation nodes, but quite some other addons that work with nodes, guess like more than 10 addons or so.

Tried factory settings, but same error.

Itā€™s HDRi Maker 2.0. I have the same problem :frowning:
I had to remove it completly and restart blender to make it work

At least thatā€™s according to my experiment

Thanks, good to know where it is coming from.
I suppose there will be a fix for that sooner or later. Such should not be a trend that users need to remove other addons in order to run a particular addon. Though I understand this is quite in early stage of development. I am not going to remove HDRI Maker ( to much hassle), so I will wait for the update.

3 Likes

I released new Blendit version 1.1. I added support for some missing nodes and fixed the reported issues. I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s fast, and itā€™s working now with all the other addons activated:
Blendit_test
Maybe an idea to have a bit more control, like fall off?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad it works for you. Yes, I plan to have more control. I mentioned it in the section ā€œPlanned features for next versionsā€ as ā€œTweak blend using curveā€.

2 Likes

The add-on costs less than $10. If thatā€™s a lot, you need a new hobby.

4 Likes

versus: auto snow, bool tols, ā€¦