BlenRig 6 Release

Hi @CFuentes!

From that picture I can tell that you are still in reproportion mode!

Press the reproportion button again to go out of that mode if you have already baked everything.

1 Like

Hello. Thank you for your greate addon. I have a question. After pushing Calc Rolls button i have several bones between foots and hands. What is it and how to fix it? Blender 2.83

Hi Alex! Damn, this is a bad moment, I’m working on a new version and I kind of lost track of the version that is publicly available. But yes, I see that this happens in 2.83. Have you tried doing it in 2.82? Maybe you can do that in 2.82 and then go back to 2.83?

I know it’s a bad solution, my intention is to have backwards compatibility with older rigs in the new addon, but I haven’t tested that thoroughly enough to tell you the truth.

Dear Sir , First I don’ know where to ask this question. So, I ask here…
Will you guide me on how to create flex rig or at least some resource where I can learn it.
I am working on a project where I need flex rig solution.
I don’t know where to start I am kinda lost.
Thanks in advance.

Hi! But what does flex rig mean for you??

Means with which we can change the character shape… Its something same like cookieFlex rig…
By which we can create a single character and then transform it to the secondary characters.
And thanks for the fast reply… It means a lot to me.
Its like creating a single rig that can be reshaped into different characters.

Well, you can already do that with BlenRig, it has a flex rig option that will change the size and length of every part of the body. Of course, changes in the model would have to be made manually with shapekeys and other techniques.

Thank you very much sir…
But sir, I would not be able to find that option… :disappointed:

Is it Dynamic Shaping or something else…
If it is dynamic shaping then there is no control for the face shaping Like chin,eyebrows,lips etc…
Sorry for my silly questions I am noob in flex rig…

In version 2.82 works right. My work can be continued. :smiley:

Yes, it’s the Dynamic Shaping menu. But no, no oprtions for the face, you’ll have to do that with shapekeys.

Eventually my plan is to do something like this for character creation, but first I need to finish working on the new release :slight_smile:

thanks again… its really helps me a lot…

Hi again Juan!

I don’t know why this happens to me when rendering, all the modifiers are correctly…

What about the modifiers of the mesh deform cage?

1 Like

How stupid! I had not fallen into that thank you! I had a subdivision activated only in the render hahaha thank you very much Juan! :slight_smile:

Haha, cool!

Hi Pablo!

First of all, thank you for everything you have done for us. I launched recently an animation project which i started back in 2018, knowing little of 3D and nothing of rigging or animation, and your BlenRig made everything possible. Thanks so much for that. And thanks for uploading all the video tutorials on the YouTube last year, saved me a lot of times!

With that said, I think I found a compatibility issue with the new Library Override system.

Looks like all the properties of BlenRig are greyed out and can’t be tweaked. Things like a lot of IK/FK controls, hinge controls, fleshy eyes controls, follow smile controls. When I try to change these controls, an error message pop up, saying that I can’t edit this property from an override data block.

Am I doing something wrong?

If this is an issue, maybe it’s important to adress, considering the plans for making Library Override the new proxy system!

Hi Arthur!

Well, to tell you the truth I haven’t heard anything new from the override system lately. As far as I know, it is totally useless for characters right now.

Anyway, maybe there’s new info about it, but I haven’t heard of it, so I just don’t use it and I haven’t tried it, I keep linking characters in the traditional way.

There’s nothing special with those properties, they are just custom properties in bones, so I guess that it must be a known issue, or maybe you have to do something in order to enable them… Like disabling protected layers in the armature?

Right now I’m working on the new release of BlenRig which will have tons of new features so I’m not following any discussion regarding the proxy system. If you find any useful information let me know! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for answering so fast Pablo

It’s useless? Oh gosh, didn’t know that. They spoke like it was a great update and I believed hahaha

I searched but didn’t found too much information about that. Looks like Library Override is still underused.

Well, i’m just gonna accept that and go back to the traditional way in my next animation file.

Thanks again and good luck with the new release!

Thanks Arthur!

Yes, as far as I know the system is still incomplete and some time ago there was a developers discussion about characters and overrides. I don’t think the problems are solved yet… So no, just use it for models that are not rigged if you need to change materials and things like that.

1 Like

Hi, Pablo.
In your tutorial you talk about the importance of placing the bone lip_up_mstr_4_str in the corner of mouth. How to fix rig if i still have problems you are talking about. It seems to me in my case the mouth is not deformed correctly.