Bmw m5...

post wires in object mode, front…side, back. My quick verdict right now you have gone too dense too quickly and in short order are going to run into smoothing problem.

How do guys like Jonathan Williamson demonstrate how to build up a high-poly model, http://cgcookie.com/blender/2012/02/03/citizen-exclusive-series-modeling-a-high-poly-car-part-06/. I am not a fun of his accuracy obvious bumps and pinches. but if the general steps are correct than I could just point people to his tutorial. I don’t like recommending tutorials I have not watched myself.

I think I sound unhelpful when I say you have gone too dense too quickly without offering any tips or a tutorial. Now am regretting not finishing my z4 time-lapse. I only have a video of me modelling the hood and that is not exactly too complex a part to get my point across.

Cheers for comments; I am a fan of Jonathon Williamson’s tuts.

Yeh wondering if i did go too much too soon; but it’s been a good experience and enjoying it… Which is the whole point or almost. :slight_smile:

Will upload the wires soon as can get back to it. Thankyou.

@Tyrant Monkey: Wires you suggested :slight_smile:

Bonnet done and started doors; Adjusted some of the topology but main corrections still to do.

He tends to clean em up; interesting to watch him do it.

Not had much chance since last update, but finished bonet and reduced some geometry at 1.

You are not looking at your photos. That bonnet is not an M5 bonnet, it is the latest car you are modelling no? The number plate should not be part of your mesh model at all. it is a separate object in real life and it should be a separate object when you model it. But what I definitely picking up is that you are not looking at photos as you modelling parts wrong.

there is over 254 hi-res photos on netcarshow alone so you should have enough photographic references

that bonnet should take me 25 minutes to model I will download the blueprints and model it and will upload my first time lapse on vimeo,

Cheers TM.

2006 model, and yeh I can see now; I thought it was light, but I got the shape wrong.

I got the geometry in the lower part for the crease as it finishes without realising it was a continuation of the bonnet

i´m sorry but your photo reference is of an F10 M5 (the current model) but your blueprints are of the E60 M5 (2005-2010)

Yeh realised that after I’d posted em so had to get some more photo refs.

Cheers for saying tho - would have been annoying if I hadn’t noticed.

That is why I am a bit lost my self, the older car has a simpler bonnet but yours is still off.

I’m doing the E60 M5, although I did say in opening post that I wasn’t stressed if I amalgamated or changed slightly; I didn’t however plan on changing to such an exteme.

Anyway E60 M5.

Not had much chance last day or so, but finally managed to get time to redo the bonnet.

Also seperated the various pieces and now reworking them and correcting geometry.

Finished front and a slight bit of tweaking to bonnet. (Subsurf shows in the images.)

… with the exception of a tiny cut-out on the left as you view the front; it will have to wait for the mirror to be applied.

Getting those creases something like accurate was definitely fun. /nod I’m fairly happy with them but will be curious to see how they render.:RocknRoll:

Finished detail on boot, except for badge area.

1. Seems to be a slight problem with smoothing there so will have to look at, otherwise that piece is finished also.

Sill completed; think it’s correct, but finding close-up pics of that area is proving difficult.

Shot to show the lines; it also highlighted the issue I feel there is in 1. Doors are basically PH; wanted to get the edges and creases in place of the surrounding body before I tried these. Cars are very much a learning experience for me and I can certainly understand the fascination with modelling them.

with wires so dense its a bit tough to say another thing, I also think you are rushing the is a good base of a very good car but the general rush means it been ruined by inaccurate bits and pieces.

@TM Cheers and yeh, I am always in a hurry so I can apply what I’ve learned to something else. I try not to be, but…

The boot around the number plate is wrong for this particular model; I’m leaving ‘as is’ as it looks ok.

Finished lower part of rear; I was actually going to post last night but just before I did noticed a bad error, so I scrapped it completely and redid. This is much better; only the four tiny bolt caps(?) to do now, and the square cap on the mirrored side which will wait.

Added the detail to rear bumber and started doors.

Completed the doors; I know the two areas circled in red, and especially the front window section are not accurate (sorry TM) but for this model I am living with it. It is still a learning process for me.

Also added rear window and am about to do front.

if you are living with inaccuracy you ainn’t learning. Learn to hate inaccuracy and you are going to soar. Most of the inaccuracy you are living with currently is not hard to sort out.

…I got the Blender bug its nice and over cast here with lots of rain so I can concentrate well as its not hellish hot. I will post a new car WIP, Audi A5 on Saturday. Keep an eye out I think you will see all the stuff I usually go on about in play.

A good point, but it’s called expediency and often features in real-life; it doesn’t mean nothing was learned.

I have, however, corrected the front window; think it looks about right now. Not sure on the rear.