Bmw m5...

First test render to check for errors before moving on from the base bodywork.

'bout 5k cycles; the longer I leave it, the more fireflies appear too - kinda irritating, but finally got the lighting on the body colour looking decent.

Front wing/door area will need tweaking before I start the rest of the car. Pleased with how things are going though.

Not had much chance last few days, but managed to get the badge, wheel and mirror done; might have to redo mirror as can’t quite get the shape correct as the geom stands.

http://www.datasea.info/avatar3.jpgJust collect a lot of references, I wanted to model this car and I know for a fact netcarshow has over a 100 photos of this car, topspeed should also have plenty.

wow theres alot of detail in this now, must be massive poly count?

Indeed there is, and still adding stuff; takes ages to build bvh :slight_smile: (faces: 22271380 - just counted as was getting curious)

haha, i bet it does lol, turn on bvh caching (its in the render panel) that should save you alot of time :slight_smile:
bloody hell i bet that took a while to count LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeh noticed that, but not sure if checking it affects it once I changed something so not bothered. I go and make a coffee /nod

Took even longer as I lost count twice at 1,999,999 :stuck_out_tongue:

when it comes to just changing and testing materials etc it can make a big difference to not have to wait for the bvh to build :slight_smile: ah good plan, i think ill have a cuppa tea :stuck_out_tongue:

haha, lifes a bitch eh (then you marry one lol) ;D

Never married her, fortunately.

Steering wheel done, or at least the part that will be visible from outside. Rear window shelf and front dashboard to model, then that might be it, unless I decide to do more interior, but face count is getting highish.

Redone geometry: new on the left.

Also redone roof and re-attached to the side section; it was easier to get the flow and smoothing to work better.

Doing a test render so will post if it looks promising.

If you are in need of a car shader, I have one which seems to work nice in many situations. I’d love to see a render of this model with it. By the way, the “enhance rgb” node group isnt necessary.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30694260/Porsche%20Carrera%20GT/car%20paint_2.JPG

Cheers. Got a shader that seems to work well set up.

Original render is 2500 cycles, 2560x1440; reduced to above, if anyone interested can post original sized image.

Seats definitely need some more love /nod

I think the black paint and the black background makes the car hard to see. Could you change either the car or the background color to a lighter color?
Nice modeling(my cars always look bumpy)!

Agree. and ty.

Currently messing with lighting and shaders - already looking better and will post when I am happier with what I’ve got.

Still working on mats and lighting, but needed to actually put treads on the tyes - so here they are:

More verts than I was intending, but look decent.

Original render is 3300 cycles, 2560x1440; reduced to above; some areas that need tweaking to make the divide between panels more even.

Currently working on the headlights; will model the rear view mirror, and still have the side mirrors to redo. Oh, and also not happy with the number plate yet.

Just testing a new bmesh build on other comp, and installed beta ati drivers; this is test render

still amazed with the level of detail here mate :slight_smile: are you using lattice on the tyres?
how did you model the interior, thats the part i always struggle with when modelling cars :S

Lattice for the bulge at the bottom of the tyres? yup.

The templates had some seat info, so I followed those as a guide, but I found as many pictures as I could; they are awkward to do, getting the right shape. Might have to tweak some too.

Finally finished modelling the headlights; now they have taken ages to get something even closeish - rendering now so will post an update later. Ill throw a wire in too. :slight_smile:

Wire of the seat. Modelled front seat first, then used them as a starter for the rear; rear not as acurate but little but the headrests can be seen, although those need some tweaking.

nice one, trying to get everything to fit without clipping is a pain in the arse too, i like how you done the tyres, cgcookie tut? i was nervous at first about using lattice but i never realised it was so simple, and created a great outcome :slight_smile: