Bolt Factory Script

If I create BOLT>ALLEN>CAP and apply smooth shade you will see that normals are not good. I do ctrl+n to fix normal, would be nice if script did that automatically.

:slight_smile:

Oh I see. Thanks for spotting that.

I was looking at the hex bolt and it doesn’t have this problem.

That should be easy to fix and will be in the next release.

Hi Spudmn,

here´s a boring render i did this afternoon with your Bolt Factory Script:

http://www.yafaray.org/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=3096&t=1<-- Click Picture for HiRes Picture…

Bye, Olaf.

Nice image, Olaf!

Hi Spudmn,
Thanks a lot for this add-on and the update.
Seems like the “Head dia” and “Head height” fields are inverted, which also screws up the presets.
:wink:

Thanks Eulgrand.

A new version is available on SourceForge.

Version 3.01 4/7/10

Fixed bugs. Head height and Head Dia where transposed. Fixed the normals for Cap,Pan and Dome heads.

I’m relatively new to blender. I’m using 2.53 and I’ve installed the bolt factory v3.01 to the add-ons and when I hit create nothing happens. Can anyone show me where I went wrong?

Does this not work for 2.53? I follow the instructions on how to make a bolt/nut, but it doesn’t appear once I hit create.

Anyone? Anyone got this working in 2.53?

In 2.53 it is an Add-On. Enable it in User Preferences, then go to Add -> Mesh -> Bolt

Getting an error @ line 45:

import Mathutils

Running Python 2.6.2 and Blender 2.49. Error is stating “no module mathutils” I am suspecting this may have to do with not running Python 3.0 and Blender 2.5x. Does the script run in previous editions?

David C.

change the M for small m

salutations

@RickyBlender–I did that, still getting same error message.

change all the mathutil names eveywhere
or you do get this error

when done you may have other errors on other name from mathutil but
when adjusted should work again

which version are you using ?

is the last version of script in first post ?

salutations

I’ll give it a shot. I’m using add_mesh_bolt_3_01 — I believe this is the latest version. Still using Blender 2.49.

Hi David
You will need to use version V2.02 with Blender 2.49. The V3.XX is for Blender 2.5. You can get V2.02 here.

Wow… I see that Blender.org is using one of my renders for the bolt factory script. Thanks - To whomever chose to post it! :slight_smile:
http://www.blender.org/development/release-logs/blender-249/

hi, the script is not working from revision 42xxx
Spudmn, could you look at it please. :slight_smile:

Hi @Spudmn. Thank you for creating this useful addon, it works great on blender 2.8.

I don’t have any gripe expect that I think that in the Add > Mesh menu, the addon should display Bolt & Nut, not only Bolt.

Hi @Spudmn

I have noticed that when a counter sink bolt is created, some normals are inverted (I am not sure if it’s intensional but just in case, I wanted to inform you… :slightly_smiling_face: ).

Do you plan to add more bit types? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_screw_drives)
It would be really nice if your add-on featured:

• Slot
  • Torx
  • Pozidriv