Book Title II

Hi all,

the sequel to my last attempt at a book title is here!

This time, Captain Cat has to thwart the plans of the evil rogue rodents, led by the ImpeRATor! They have stolen the moon and have built a facility to siphon milk from the milky way to make cheese from it!

The scene depicted shows the Tigerflyer attempting a daring flight over the moon’s surface to come to Captain Cat’s aid. The rogue rodents are shooting Milk-beams, which the Tigerflyer can only barely dodge…

As last time, I am very interested in your opinion on the image, especially regarding colors and composition. But if you have any other idea for improvement - please tell me :slight_smile:

Here’s the raw image:

And this is the completed title:

3 Likes

Nice! This time I’m with ImpeRATor (sorry but I like cheese… :grimacing:).
I like the image (milk cannons… haha) and lighting.
The only thing I’d focus more is the Cpt. Cat’s ship. To me it needs to pop up more from background (some object or some shadow behind it?).
Well done.

2 Likes

This is just an amazing project! I however, like the comment before, have to root for the impeRATor, the name is just to good, and well cheese… !

2 Likes

Just my opinion, but I think you could get a better image if things were placed so the ship was higher, visible against the sky, and larger in the image. I would also place the cannons and buildings so their silhouettes don’t overlap each other so much.

Right now, most of the viewer’s attention is going to be on the giant, obvious blue cloud. Meanwhile, most of the action is happening in a small, cluttered corner of the image, where everything is the same brightness and overlaps in a confusing way.

Those models and that idea are pretty nice, it would be great if the viewer didn’t need to look carefully at the image to even see what’s happening.

1 Like

Thank you all!

I tried to unclutter the image and make the spaceship more visible by changing the perspective and upscaling the ship somewhat (now it is a bit large compared to the buildings, but it looks clearer now IMO, so who cares…)

Here is just the image:

and here the full title:

Btw: Your sympathies towards the ImpeRATor are understandable, but I think only as you don’t know the whole story yet: He and his henchmice have not only stolen the moon, but also all the tuna and used the latter to lure and trap (“catnap”) many cats who are then forced to work in the cheese caves… That’s why it is up to Captain Cat and her crew (and a certain little computer mouse who turns out to be an undercover princess) to overthrow the ImpeRATor and his rogue rodents…

3 Likes

Small nitpicking: now the subtitle seems to me quite cramped against the milk-harvesting tower. Maybe move both titles a bit higher for a tad more balance?

But maybe this is just the opinion of someone irredeemably corrupted by the impeRATor… :rat:

2 Likes

:ok_hand: I agree with @DrFaust for the subtitle, the rest now is very good.
And now that I know the background story: down wiht ImpeRATor, NO animal abuse, hooray to Captain Cat!

1 Like

And here we go:

(gave me the opportunity to fix the transmission station on the right as well…)

And I think, for all your helpful comments, I can forgive your sympathies for the ImpeRATor :rat:

1 Like