Brush Manager for Blender 2.83+ [Sculpt, Image Paint, Vertex Paint, Weight Paint, Grease Pencil]

Any chance of adding this for faster icon loading ?

3 Likes

@TingJoyBits Feel free to reach out to us (@core-process, @bonjorno7, @thefauxrogue) if you want to integrate the library. We are happy to help.

1 Like

@core-process, @Lamia It is a great addition for the Blender previews, great work. I’ve been testing things already and it went successfully. I’m willing to integrate it, and at the moment I have no issues to do that in the near future. If there are any caveats to do it properly, please, make me aware of that. Thanks :+1:

Hey, awesome! There are no caveats. We just recommend to have a look at the load_safe function, which can be used instead of the load function; but that is purely optional.

1 Like

Brush Manager 1.2.9

• Integrated 3DN BIP or 3D Ninjas Blender Image Preview library, which allows real fast preview image loads in Blender. Now brush icons will load instantly from the very start if 3DN BIP library is turned on in the Settings. Installation of python module ‘Pillow’ is required. More info about library at the developers page https://github.com/3dninjas/3dn-bip/
  • Now properly saves favorites settings for every mode if ‘Save Favorites List to the Current File’ preference setting is being used.
  • Fixed error while resetting default brushes.
  • Other various small fixes.

t3dn_pip_preference129

5 Likes

Nice addon, but it is not clear how “Reset the Default Brushes” works. Neither reboot the Blend file nor the reset program does not return to the source settings of the brushes.
I tried on Blender 2.93 and set “Orb Brushes”.

UPD
Understood how to reset the default brushes settings - menu “Edit Brushes from category” → “Refresh Brush Data”

1 Like

Thanks! You got it right, just to be clear, “Reset the Default Brushes” simply return the settings to their built-in defaults of the brushes in ‘Default’ category. It is the same ‘Reset Brush’ operation, but for each one of them. The operation that serves a similar purpose for other categories - menu “Edit Brushes from category” → “Refresh Brush Data”

1 Like