BSpheres Addon

So sorry to know about that. Unfortunately, this is Blender’s issue. It will be fixed in future.
Crash happens only when you create new points.

amazing addon :slight_smile:

It reminds me an old realtime game that ran on old 486DX machines called extatica.

All was made from gouraud shaded ellipses rendered on a 640x480 display.

Anyway, good job ! and happy blending !

2 Likes

Is this add on an improved version of Blender-sculpt-tools?

No they have no relations to each other.

Hey @mifth! Just bought your addon on Gumroad. Awesome stuff!

The only thing that would be great to have is the full real time. I’ve read here that edges should be updated but with a delay, is that correct? I don’t see that (I’m on v2.93.6). Is it something related to the “Loops per Timer” and “Timer” settings that I am missing?

Anyways, hope you can keep improving this addon. it really comes in handy :ok_hand:

Cheers, everybody!

Hi @TobiasRusjan thank you. )
Just set less value for the “Timer” and set bigger value for the “Loops per Timer”.

Processing: 2021-11-18 11-26-22.mp4…

Thanks for getting back, mifth!

I tried that and it continues the same. Here’s a quick video from scratch using the examples:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UUTSm35y4I9Xi90ER1-r8l5YGxFjERTO/view?usp=sharing

Am I missing something or is that how it works? (great stuff anyway)

1 Like

@mifth
I love this add-on! Could you add cubes to the add-on? I think it could be useful to do some things with cubes instead of spheres and cylinders. Or rather it would be cubes and rectangles.

@TobiasRusjan thanks for the video. Unfortunately, when you move a point the tool cannot update cylinders as the move tool is in a process. Sorry for that.

@Tuulikk thank you. Possibly. At the moment you can modify the source objects. The cylinder and sphere.

Not sure I understand. How and in what way can it be modified?

No problem!

What’s funny though, is that it works sometimes:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BO_oElpdoJXWXPqesjPJn65vdbXMReb5/view?usp=sharing

Can’t tell you when and how, but it really helps when it’s there :+1:

1 Like

can you please add the option to scale bspheres with a keyboard shortcut like s to scale and can you please add automatic subdivisions like in zbrush the more you elongate ( by that i mean moving it so it gets longer ) the bspherers the more they subdivide

1 Like

Hi, you can scale bspheres with Shift+S If you are running the tool.

What did you mean about the subdivision? Bspheres use cylinders for distances.

1 Like

ok thx man and by subdivision i mean this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEybOH5TzYU you see when the dude elongates the zsphere it subdivides(more zspheres are added) i want the same capability for bspheres so when you are moving it on any axis the amount of bspheres in between increases but its a delusion like in zbrush if you select one of these fake zshperes it become real and solid anf you scale move and rotate it

1 Like

Next versions probably will have it. For blender 3.1+ probably.

2 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: nice am excited

Hey mifth,
I had this idea to build my bspheres based off a metarig (my custom metarig) thinking I could snap the verts to the rig joints for precise placement…no snapping available…Is there a way to do it?, if not it would be nice if you could add this if possible.

I found a workaround…Turn off the bsheres…edit the verts by snapping, then select the verts and run bspheres.

1 Like

really tempted to buy this. Does it work in Blender 3.1?

Yep it works fine.