BUG - image gallery is broken, full screen images aren't working properly

The new lightbox is nice, but it’s broken.
When you click on an image thumbnail to increase its size, it doesn’t show the full-size image properly. The .d-lightbox__backdrop filter keeps the blur and continues to use a small image. Rotate button also doesn’t work.

Tested on Chrome and Firefox and it’s the same issue.

1 Like

Rotate works in my case, Chrome 118, last recent update.

As for the zoom function, well, yeah, it works, but not as it should’ve been, zooming isn’t very deep and increases the size only like on 10% or so.

Hmm, it works for me. Can you share some URLs that don’t work for you?

@goorman the table view is not related to this topic, please move it to another one.

From what I can tell in the debugger it fetches the higher res image but the lightbox script isn’t loading it in afterward. No errors given.

Since it seems to be Totoro in the first image… no problems here…

Okay I’ve found something interesting. Whether the image is blurred or not depends on the browser size, at least in Chrome.

@Okidoki Try resizing your browser window and see if it still works.

I think the BA devs can take it from here. :slight_smile:

Since Discourse is an open source software, anyone can submit issues or bug fixes to their code base; we don’t do much with the code other than reporting errors higher up the ladder usually :slight_smile:

Sorry, but this is not helpful. Every topic that I try works as expected, so we’ll need some more specific steps to reproduce this issue.

Is it Discourse or the Lightbox plugin? Is Lightbox a core part of Discourse?

@bartv It’s not a problem with a specific topic but the Lightbox addon. It might depend on screen resolution or something like that which means you might not be able to reproduce it on your setup.

What’s your screen size? Can you perhaps share a screencapture of the issue?

I tried… it works… Anyway:

This may be associated with you(r) private browsing… ?? Maybe some scripts for this then just do not work… or any script from another site is not executed correctly ?

No, that’s just for the video. It’s a very simple bug, I could fix it myself if it’s open source but I don’t have time for this. :slight_smile:

I have found that most large images fail to load, regardless of screen size, in the first popup…but if “Open in a new tab” is selected in that window they work just fine in the new tab…

Latest Chrome and Windows 10…

This is odd, they never fail to load for me. Is there more information you can share? Do you see any errors in your browser console or network connections?

I am on DSL so it will report a slow internet connection…there are a few more errors in the console…but I’m not sure where to look…

in any full-screen image…and will always show correctly in another tab…

Hmm… tried the Tifa image… first click full, screen second click 1:1 … moving with the mouse
(linux Debian, Vivaldi 6.2.3105.58 )

Somekind like this error message seems to “normal” for modern sites…(so it seems to be a discourse “problem” or “annoyance”) here is mine and a have no problems seeing it… :person_shrugging:

Well… sadly of course all this doesn’t help you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

While there’s no official information about internet standards, the Discourse site makes it fairly clear that older technologies are not expected to work with Discourse:

Discourse is designed for the next 10 years of the Internet, so the minimum browser requirements are high.

Discourse supports the latest, stable releases of all major browsers and platforms:

• Microsoft Edge
  • Google Chrome
  • Mozilla Firefox
  • Apple Safari

(emphasis original)