Bulvar Apartments

Bulvar Apartments

Archviz project for apartment buildings investment in Gdańsk, Poland.
www.bulvarapartments.pl

Whew! My biggest project so far. So much time consuming and pretty tough logistically. Feels great to finally publish it on the web and forget about it :smiley: Feel free to ask or comment anything about the project!
Thanks!

Software used: Blender, Photoshop
Addons: E-Cycles, Scatter, Grass Scapes, Vegetation
Textures: Poliigon

More info and higher res here:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/v2orXO

51 Likes

You rock man!!! :scream:

1 Like

Artur, these are really very good. So good in fact that they warrant some more work to make them truly realistic and believable… I challenge you to find me any city photography in Poland or otherwise that has streets and walks like these, with no street curbs whatsoever. Curbs channel rain water, help keep cars from running over folks on sidewalks, crap like that… And then I would also challenge you to show me landscaping just like this in a modern city that has flowers and shrubbery so jam-packed together, and basically overhanging where people walk. I think that if you were really following reference images of similar city streets, you would have mulch or stones surrounding much less populated landscaping. The last item is handrails. Steps like these virtually always have them. I will not go into the many reasons why, but trust me they do. Really broski, go back and tweak these to perfection. They are worth the little extra effort.

And the moral of the story is always use reference images. Always. Every single damn time. ; - )

2 Likes

Insane amount of work. Congratulations on the results!
Also, what a cool project to work on…

1 Like

That is amazing! Beatiful images! Congrats.

1 Like

Nice to see decent and proper professional quality architectural visualisations here :slight_smile: Great job! Maybe a bit more mood/atmosphere and framing/story for some of them like 22, 4, and 5

1 Like

@flimabotelho @Douglas_Rafael @Magogg Thanks a lot guys! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks! You are right. Well there are curbs but you are probably reffering to the first image and the space between the road and the vegetation - there is supposed to be a parking area so a really flat curb was needed.

About the landscaping: there is a lot to improve I know but sometimes the client knows best what he wants in his images :wink:

Handrails: Yes there were supposed to be handrails, and they were in previous versions but the client said that they were “obscuring” the vision on the building so yeah :slight_smile:

If I would do it again from the beginning I would certainly apply all this feedback to the viz and as you said they would make the project much more believable and realistic, but in archviz work the clients satisfaction is the most important. I also strongly believe that there is not much point in “perfecting” the images of a project that already looks ok. I think the best way is to receive good feedback like from you, remember it and apply in the next projects. :slight_smile: cheers!

2 Likes

Thank you :smiley: Yes, there is a lot to improve possibly but at this point I think these were ok to post them, receive feedback and improve on the next one :muscle:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Can we all stop for a second and appreciate this beauty? She is doing her best!

Incredible work as always, congrats Artur!

2 Likes

Amazing work! This is very good!

1 Like

I could live in this place and like it. Let’s see a view of the roof top pool.

1 Like

Haha thanks! That was a “special request” :rofl:

@RyanKingArt thank you! :slight_smile:
@Splododyne Nice idea! Sadly no rooftop pool if I recall correctly :smiley:

1 Like

@winterman Let’s see a picture of this:

Greeeat work! So nice to see:)

Do u find E-Cycles to be a must have in these advanced professional kind of work? Does it save that much time?

What was ur method of matching your 3d modem with the drone footage?

Also the people , looks great, are they 3d or Photoshop?

Cheers

It’s a kindergarten area. The blue surface is a foam type surface to prevent from falling injuries :smiley: Here how a shot on a boat might look like:

I like the angle, maybe I should actually finish this up :yum:

3 Likes

Thank you!

Yes, totally. Considering the amount of work needed for this project the reduced render times were crucial. I think I got about 50% time reduction on all renders and samples could be lowered with using a denoiser. Overall there was a crunch time near the deadline and I had to make all the final renders within 2 days and I think I couldn’t do it without E-Cycles.

For matching with the drone footage I used fspy but it wasn’t perfect so I had to match cameras manually within blender, but it wasn’t a big issue.

Most people are cutouts from Mrcutout.com but there are some Humano 3d models here and there. At the beginning I used only 3d models but client said that they look too CG and I think I kind of agree but overall I prefer placing 3d people instead of trying to match everything in post :smiley:

1 Like