bush in 30 secs

dwmitch: Im not just going to accuse you of living in a fantasy world, Im also going to accuse you of living in a parallel universe, and I’ll just have to suffer the eternal hate of Timonides for saying that. :stuck_out_tongue: I guess I can live with it.

But seriously dude, you just killed what was a relatively intelligent debate by spewing the biggest load of bull I’ve read yet on these forums.

We should really dispose of religious nuts altogether, they will be the end of us all…

I’m an Atheist, not by any means religious, but don’t mock anyone for their religious beliefs. Think deeply about the origions of the universe, and realize there’s no feasable way for a human to explain everything, and there are two options, one of which he believes, and one of which I do. Neither can be proven or disproven, so there is no need for belittling, regardless of how far-fetched it sounds.

Science deals with what can be proven. For something to be accepted there has to be empirical evidence to prove that, yes, this indeed would be the case. Now I could tell you that my belief system dictates that we all live on a giant bannana, and that God is in fact Justin Timberlake.

This, of course, is nonsense – I know it and you know it. Besides, how the hell would I go about proving that to you anyway?

With that in mind lets keep things to that exist within our realm of existance, ok? Dumbass prophecies help no one – Especially those lucky individuals amongs us who are capable of thinking for ourselves.

Seriously man, Racists and religious nuts need to go.

Has it ever occured to you that there would be an uprising before this would happen? Seriously man, that thing in your head – Use it.

Come on guys, don’t lose your cool.

shbazjinken is right, no need to belittle.

Seriously man, Racists and religious nuts need to go.

Seriously man, those prejudiced against religion need to go.

In that single sentance you just nixed your entire point. By saying “racists” are “religious nuts”, and they need to go, you said that racists are the same thing as religious people which means you are in a way, prejudiced against those who believe.

Try not be so mean next time you wish to be, forgive the expression, “holier than thou”.

I’ll put it in caps for you so you can catch on a bit quicker “RELIGIOUS NUTS”

where did I say that I thought every religious person was a nut?

If I say “overuse of sugar and salt must go”, does that mean they are equal?
It’s funny how people make links between subjects as a way to attack other people.

Martin

Well, you have to admit he pulled racism out of his hat for no apparent reason while speaking about religion.

I just don’t believe in belittling other people’s belief, that’s all. I don’t believe there is a god, but I also cannot prove that there isn’t one. You can hack holes in the bible and etc, but you can’t disprove the existance of a higher power or completely explain the origions of the universe yet. We can up to a certain point, but still with a lot of unproven hypothesis, thus, I try not to bash people for their religion. If you had said ignorance, or just outlandishness or something, it would be different, but instead you linked that to personal beliefs. It’s just wrong, and it’s bad for society for anyone to lash out at the core religious beliefs of another person/group publicly. Rarely are you going to convert anyone, so why try.

I’d rather point out that everything he said is extremely unlikely. People predicted the apocolypse with the same reasonings around 1900, WWI, and WWII and it didn’t happen, note that there were much worse men in power at those times… Bush is bad, and in my opinion an idiot, but he’s no Hitler. He’s just in to make some money and be a retard.

where did I say that I thought every religious person was a nut?[/quote]

This is hilarious :stuck_out_tongue: You misread me and then I misread you right back…hehe. I thought you meant something different.

I wouldn’t have noticed unless Theeth made that comment.

Ok Dittohead, read that Quote by me again. Focus on the “Racists and Religious Nuts” part. Notice that I didn’t say “Racists are religious nuts”?

And I’d also like to stress that I don’t think all religious people are nuts. Again. Just to be sure. Yeah :stuck_out_tongue:

M@dcow, I understand what you’re saying and I agree that those who let religion be an excuse for their own insane actions should go.
I think you could have phrased it much better, though.
“Religious nuts” can be more easily interpreted as saying that all religious people are nuts, which would be a rather foolish statement.

Sigh %|

I meet quite a few atheists that stated all religious people are nuts. I was unsure what your view on it was.

From what I understand you think dwmitch is one of the “nuts”. I think his position is ill-informed, coming from a view other than his on the end of the ages, but legitimate none the less.

Please be more kind when post, instead of saying that I don’t “catch on”. The crossed my mind while I was writing that eariler post that maybe you made the destinction between the “crowds”. However my thinking his position was legit, and you not made me think that you didn’t make the destinction.

Sorry if I offended you, I had no intention to. You on the other hand seem to.

Here is how offended I am: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, that is not enough:

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

lol…my new years resolution:

screw these threads.

I stand corrected on your quote. However it could have been worded better. Dang this latin-derivitive language called english.

Now way to communitcate on the internet anyway.

This is an “oy” moment.

Jeeze, I never knew there were such strong feeling against conservitive religions :frowning: I don’t think that science is not only a way to prove existence, to many it proves how God did it. This can get confusing to others when teachers ask students how the universe were created, out of being dependent thought they are force to believe that God did it, because that’s the only answer they were taught. A smart way to respond to such an answer would be How did God do it ? And just because someone don’t read a bible and worship doesn’t mean they believe in God, a God can be a being that can’t be interpreted. I believe that humans are a very ignorant and forgetfull race, in Europe people believe that rain came from holes in heaven and the wholes that came from heaven were the stars. Who are we to question that God exist or not, while the fact is it can’t be proven or disproven, the only thing that should be left to dought, is the interpretation and reading from the scriptures.

I do believe that too much morals and religion do lead to prejudice and holy wars, I mean we see it all over the world, like in India where poor people are look down on, because they believe that the work they do make them poluted and that the cleans will be poluted in making contect with them, even doctors are consider poluted. But I’m sure the surfacing of HIV will greatly chance the minds of millions and force them to think for themself.

I meet quite a few atheists that stated all religious people are nuts. I was unsure what your view on it was.

From what I understand you think dwmitch is one of the “nuts”. I think his position is ill-informed, coming from a view other than his on the end of the ages, but legitimate none the less.

Please be more kind when post, instead of saying that I don’t “catch on”. The crossed my mind while I was writing that eariler post that maybe you made the destinction between the “crowds”. However my thinking his position was legit, and you not made me think that you didn’t make the destinction.

Sorry if I offended you, I had no intention to. You on the other hand seem to.[/quote]

[offtopic] a quote in a quote in a quote in a quote wow this must be a record:P[/offtopic]

It already been done, don’t bother.

The quote in quote stuff can get you in trouble.

It’s considered laming, and spamming. You’ve been warned before the mods find it.

Please don’t act like something that you aren’t.

Martin

Someone please enlighten me: is Bush the evil genius agent of the apocolypse or just about a chimp in intelligence? If he is so simple and silly, then how have his goals been accomplished with such efficiency and such success? If he’s a doofus, what does that everyone who has opposed him and been shown wanting in the face of that doofus?

And for the record, a sizable majority of population of the US supports and agrees with his prosecution of the war on terrorism, his handling of the domestic economy, and the invasion of Iraq. So, if he’s so dumb, then the American public must be really dumb, too.

And many of you will say “You’re right! They’re mostly a bunch of idiots.” Once again, by any definition you care to measure, the American people are better off than any other people on the planet. So us dumbies must be getting over on you somehow.

Bush is evil? Show me the crushing of dissent. Show me the refugees and the horrific human rights abuses in Iraq and Afghanistan. Show me the evil, because I’m just not seeing it.

If wife wanted to, she could get in the car the she owns, zip down to the grocery store, buy any kind of produce she’s in the mood for, stop off at the synagogue to say to the rabbi, then drop some used clothes off at the church’s mission, then head on over to hang out with her hindu Indian friend, after picking our two daughters up from public and private schools, respectively. After dinner, we can head down the hill and shoot the Saiga-20 for a while, just to keep it in shape. Then she can settle in for a couple hours teaching voice and piano lessons, during which she’ll make a nice amount of money that helps to pay for the house that she is a part-owner of. If she feels like it, she can then run to the library and check out any book she cares to, or just read it there and shelve it again, or do the same thing at any of the four bookstores within two miles of our house. On the way home, she sees a union striker carrying a protest sign, so she gets of our her car, and engaged the striking worker in a rowdy, loud debate during which she criticizes the sitting county and city Democratic leadership. She might even call the person a bad name or two. And during all of this, no one will stop her. No law will say that she cannot do any of these things. And better yet, no one will care. Because in this country, what you do is nobody’s business but your own.

So, the female property ownership and having a job pretty much excludes all of the Islamic/Arabic world. The easy gun ownership (a basic right of protection for all people) excludes many nations, including a large swath of Europe. Do you need to be told how many nations do not have free access to information in the form of books/magazines/unfiltered Internet? Free and open public debate, up to and past the point what some might find offensive - well, there go a bunch of other countries, too.

So, the citizens of what other nation enjoy the freedoms of the lowly American citizen? There are a few, no doubt. But I fail to see how the vile, dissent-crushing, liberty-abolishing, monkey-like, war-mongering George W. Bush could be employed by a nation full of people who value freedom as much as the they do.

Bush isn’t a team player with several of the old, languishing European powers? Boo hoo. There have been times in my life when I have also not been a “team player”. Invariably, it’s been when the team has been doing the wrong thing. You go make your own team, and history shows who wins the game.