[BWC] Alone... *Completely Redone*

wow it look very detailed…great job

Nice image, I think it needs some shadows outside, because it kind of looks like things are just placed there, like the steps – they need to have a nice texture and shadows below them. Other than that it looks good (but those darn bricks - gotta do something about them;)

Thanks for the replies. I’m now adding a door frame. I’ll post updates either tonight or tomorrow.

Hey, how do I cast shadows on particles, like grass? Also what kind of light should I make, I’m thinking a caged one like this: http://www.unlimited-source.com/caged_light_b.jpg

new render

Attachments

Anyone? since it’s almost over I need your crits more than ever!

It’s so dark I can’t see anything, maybe some blue lighting? That is if this is a dark scene.

-Jimmy

It’s supposed to be really dark, I’ll try blue lighting. Basically it’s about paranoia, and after the world is hostile, this guy resorts to his home. I plan to make an animated short out of it (a silent short as he’s all alone)

But it shouldnt be so dark you cant see anything…

But from what i see i like it

Are your screens that dark? I’ll lighten it up if you guys want me to. For me it looks good.

mines not crazy dark…i see stuff like the shot gun the moon the dude in the window…just make it a bit brighter

Ok, how does this look.

Attachments

for being beat up it seems kinda perfect…

It’s not beaten up… he lives alone… there’s no damage to the house at all. He’s just paranoid.

BTW how does the moon look? I made it myself =D

Moon looks nice. One thing I’ve noticed is that when you upload darker scenes here, it looks darker than on your render. ?:confused:?

No, click the thumbnail, it should look brighter than the thumbnail. When it’s small it looks REALLY dark. But it’s really not. I’m going to start on modeling the interior. For my animation after BWC.

His door is going to have about 40 different locks on the inside going all up his door. And a broom in between all of them. The inside will look beat up and dirty (more so than the outside) because he lives inside and never leaves.

Why is the shotgun so big though…thats what i dont get …The moon looks good…Still kinda dark…But it might be my screen…sooo yeah…

Looks good

EDIT

Brightened up my screen.and its looks really good…the grass needs some work…

Note on lighting, have you ever been in the countryside when there’s a full moon? I have and it’s really bright, no joking, it’s like a big lamps been turned on and everythings suddenly standing out in shades of white and black.

I know that it’s bright in the county but I hope to (If I have time) either tweak the lighting or add trees.

I’m using a standard 3 point lighting setup with a hemisphere lamp. I’ll brighten up the hemi and make the moon give out a halo glow. Also should I want the person to be the focal point in the images, so should I focus the camera on him and slightly blur everything except the window where he is.

I need input!

Perhaps a bloom nodes effect would add a spectral extra to the scene.If you want the person to be the focal point of the picture make them stand out, expression, stance, actions etc so that they are automatically the focal point of the picture rather than deliberately focusing on the person. That way you don’t lose elements you want to keep.