Callie - the latest Character to join the collection

Hello, im happy to show you all my new character Callie. It took me on and off around 1.5 mounths to complete and Im felling fairly happy with it.

I sculpted and polypainted in zbrush and photoshop and did everything else in Blender.
She is fully rigged, groomed with the new curve system and then i transformed it back to the old system.

Blender 3.3.1
Zbrush
Photoshop

my social if you like to like or follow :slight_smile:

https://www.artstation.com/rybergs

42 Likes

This is great. But I think there are too many polygons. You can retopo again and then bake the textures. The model will be better optimized.

1 Like

hello ! :slight_smile: thanks for the feedback, to be honest I dont do anything for games, im more into film. So the polygons are way to few actually :slight_smile:

cheers mate

2 Likes

Hey, nice to see that you finished it!

It’s not terrible for animation, is it? I’d be more concerned about the hair, depending if this is for realtime animation or not.

4 Likes

It was about time to wrap it up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ye the hair is a bit heavy, but i got a pretty strong comp with 2 3090 so it handles it pretty good.

But for animations like for film from what ive seen the polycount can be up to 3 times mine.

But it would be great to have hair that dident slow blender down at all :slight_smile:

1 Like

amazing ،wonderful

1 Like

Thank you alot :slight_smile:

Hair cards will be a good choice for animation

1 Like

I’m sorry, but I’d strongly disagree about there being too many polys. This looks pretty much like topology for a standard modern day game character, let alone for VFX. Great work!

6 Likes

thanks alot mate ! :slight_smile:

Looks really nice…

1 Like

Well, you’re actually right. I just checked this model and it has a lot of polygons (triangles in this case). The game is well optimized though.

2 Likes

thank you :slight_smile:

nice, ye specialy in movies the polygons can go pretty high. cheers

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Thank u bart , same to u

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Thank u :slight_smile: great honor

1 Like