Cameras Lister

Nice addon and teamwork guys ! seems to be something which can save me a lot of time, i ll give it a try when i get a chance to work on blender !
and +1 for a feature request i sawm which was one toggle button/operator for cam visibility on off
and just to throw some ideas here (addon seems already neat !) it could be cool to have ability to add camera marker from this panel, and maybe even change name of camera !
cheers and thanks for your works guys !

Very nice addon! I had a similar idea for an always-present list of cameras - i am always at the wrong place in the scene and i need a flash-fast way to get to the other side of the scene looking through a certain camera. So - a popup version of this is a really good idea… Seems super useful.

Perhaps it could also record the viewpoint positions, without creating a camera, just like the Store Views addon in 2.7. Also - convert the current view to a camera is handy when you are really satisfied with what you have on the screen at the moment and want to render exactly that…

Congrats! And by the way - really well illustrated suggestions on RClickSelect :slight_smile:

For the toggle button, I’m still not sure, but Bind To Marker and Rename Camera are definitely on the TO DO list.

In my opinion, Stored Views is a little out of the scope for this addon. But I think that when looking to set a point of view, a camera should be placed first and then adjusting its frame. But in Blender that’s not easily done. Hence my other proposal for controlling cameras:

Thanks! :slight_smile: I’d love to have the CAD tools being developped…

2 Likes

Hello, thank you so much for this add on. It’s exactly what I was looking for.
I have one request if possible to improve this add on.
I noticed that an object must be selected in order for the camera views to work.
If nothing is selected the view will go to the last active object selected.
I made a quick video showing this. Do you guys also have this issue or is it only on my end?
link to the video.

Is it possible to make it work without having a selected object?
Thank you so much.

Already sent a fix for that bug to @Ryxx… he might be finishing some new stuff before he publishes all together.

if you want a quick fix, just edit the addon file, and unintend lines 156-159 to align vertically with if context.object:

2 Likes

Small update:

• Fixed the issue about needing a selected object for cameras selection to work.
  • New feature: Bind Camera to New Marker at current frame. For the moment, this feature is very basic, it is still perfectible. Removing a marker has to be done the conventional way (not through the addon). Known issue: if you delete the camera the marker still stays on the timeline.
    CamerasLister

I also put the TO DO list at the top of the addon for people interested to know what has to be improved.

5 Likes

Works great! Thank you so much Ryxx for this helpful addon. :+1:

1 Like

Wow. So useful to add marker. With this relatively simple feature we can expect an improvement in the shorts posted on YouTube. It encourage to use multiple cams which makes a videoclip way more interesting.

1 Like

Issue fix:
When the camera is deleted, now all of its related markers disappear with it.

2 Likes

Thks for this awesome Addon! Very usefull! Is there any chance to add a « Lock camera to view » button to this menu to complete this perfect tool ?

Apologies, i’m a new Blender user and i don’t have good enough technical skills in coding to do it but i’ll try anyway thanks to your opencode;)

Many thanks anyway!!!

Thank you for your interest @tyo, but I’m no longer developping this addon. However I can recommand you this addon which is very similar to mine but with more functionnalities.

Dear Ryxx,

Thanks for your Answer, here is an update from your Script with a new button “lock camera to view”, i tried to make different apperance for lock and unlock but no succeed for now, but it works any way thanks again for thjis usefull tool:)

Best regards

Cameras_Lister_TY.py (13.5 KB)

3 Likes

When the camera in the outliner is hidden, an error appears after clicking on it in Camera Lister

GIF:

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\radi0n\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\Cameras_Lister.py", line 125, in execute
    bpy.ops.cameras.select(camera=self.camera)
  File "H:\Blender\Blender2.82\2.82\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 201, in __call__
    ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
RuntimeError: Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\radi0n\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\Cameras_Lister.py", line 153, in execute
    SetCameraCustomResolution(self, context)
  File "C:\Users\radi0n\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\Cameras_Lister.py", line 30, in SetCameraCustomResolution
    context.scene.render.resolution_x = context.active_object.camera_custom_resolution_settings_pointer_prop.Custom_Horizontal_Resolution
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'camera_custom_resolution_settings_pointer_prop'

location: H:\Blender\Blender2.82\2.82\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py:201

I partially fixed the problem:
When the camera is hidden with “Hide in Viewport” (the eye icon), it now works as expected.
But if you “Disable in Viewports” (the screen icon), there is still an error… I have to dig deeper to find the problem…

1 Like

I fixed the other problem as well. Everything should work now.

3 Likes

It would be great to have a possibility to switch cameras directly from pose mode.

Hi there,

Since first time i contact Ryxx, one year ago, he told me he was no longer developing the addon, in the meantime i started to code and add some adding feature to this addon: Lock camera, add target camers and a shortcut Ctrl+Shift+ C to switch between cameras directly in the viewport. see attched video, i can share it if people are intersted in.

Best

2 Likes

Personally I use Camera Lister a lot and I like the interface but I do miss the lock camera and target.

Hi there,
here is a link to download the updates i’ve done to camera lister, hope you will find it usefull;)

let me Know

Cameras_Lister&Switcher_YT_V05.zip (137.7 KB)

1 Like

I use Camera Lister all the time.
Those new features are welcome.

Thank you!