Cameras Lister

Already sent a fix for that bug to @Ryxx… he might be finishing some new stuff before he publishes all together.

if you want a quick fix, just edit the addon file, and unintend lines 156-159 to align vertically with if context.object:

2 Likes

Small update:

• Fixed the issue about needing a selected object for cameras selection to work.
  • New feature: Bind Camera to New Marker at current frame. For the moment, this feature is very basic, it is still perfectible. Removing a marker has to be done the conventional way (not through the addon). Known issue: if you delete the camera the marker still stays on the timeline.
    CamerasLister

I also put the TO DO list at the top of the addon for people interested to know what has to be improved.

5 Likes

Works great! Thank you so much Ryxx for this helpful addon. :+1:

1 Like

Wow. So useful to add marker. With this relatively simple feature we can expect an improvement in the shorts posted on YouTube. It encourage to use multiple cams which makes a videoclip way more interesting.

1 Like

Issue fix:
When the camera is deleted, now all of its related markers disappear with it.

2 Likes

Thks for this awesome Addon! Very usefull! Is there any chance to add a « Lock camera to view » button to this menu to complete this perfect tool ?

Apologies, i’m a new Blender user and i don’t have good enough technical skills in coding to do it but i’ll try anyway thanks to your opencode;)

Many thanks anyway!!!

Thank you for your interest @tyo, but I’m no longer developping this addon. However I can recommand you this addon which is very similar to mine but with more functionnalities.

Dear Ryxx,

Thanks for your Answer, here is an update from your Script with a new button “lock camera to view”, i tried to make different apperance for lock and unlock but no succeed for now, but it works any way thanks again for thjis usefull tool:)

Best regards

Cameras_Lister_TY.py (13.5 KB)

3 Likes

When the camera in the outliner is hidden, an error appears after clicking on it in Camera Lister

GIF:

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\radi0n\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\Cameras_Lister.py", line 125, in execute
    bpy.ops.cameras.select(camera=self.camera)
  File "H:\Blender\Blender2.82\2.82\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 201, in __call__
    ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
RuntimeError: Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\radi0n\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\Cameras_Lister.py", line 153, in execute
    SetCameraCustomResolution(self, context)
  File "C:\Users\radi0n\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\Cameras_Lister.py", line 30, in SetCameraCustomResolution
    context.scene.render.resolution_x = context.active_object.camera_custom_resolution_settings_pointer_prop.Custom_Horizontal_Resolution
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'camera_custom_resolution_settings_pointer_prop'

location: H:\Blender\Blender2.82\2.82\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py:201

I partially fixed the problem:
When the camera is hidden with “Hide in Viewport” (the eye icon), it now works as expected.
But if you “Disable in Viewports” (the screen icon), there is still an error… I have to dig deeper to find the problem…

1 Like

I fixed the other problem as well. Everything should work now.

3 Likes

It would be great to have a possibility to switch cameras directly from pose mode.

Hi there,

Since first time i contact Ryxx, one year ago, he told me he was no longer developing the addon, in the meantime i started to code and add some adding feature to this addon: Lock camera, add target camers and a shortcut Ctrl+Shift+ C to switch between cameras directly in the viewport. see attched video, i can share it if people are intersted in.

Best

3 Likes

Personally I use Camera Lister a lot and I like the interface but I do miss the lock camera and target.

Hi there,
here is a link to download the updates i’ve done to camera lister, hope you will find it usefull;)

let me Know

Cameras_Lister&Switcher_YT_V05.zip (137.7 KB)

1 Like

I use Camera Lister all the time.
Those new features are welcome.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Ryxx,

it has been a long time since our last discussion.
I plan to share for free (1$) on blendermarket the addon i’ve made based on your addon.

you can have an overview of it here:

all benefice will go to Blender Fundation. Are you agree with that?
Ryxx is mention in the header of the addon of course. Let me know;)

Bests

Hi Tyo, I have no problem with that :slight_smile:

And if it is 5$ and share with a 45%-45% the 10% for blender Fundation? would you still be ok?
Let me know;) I i’m not sure how to proceed, maybe first option was better, what do you think?

Best

You can do as you please and keep all the money you make with it. I released it for free, so people are able to better it (for lack of time and coding skills). I do not have any rights on that addon, but I appreciate you asking.