Campaign 2018: Join the New Development Fund

I mean, I don’t think it will hurt the fund since nobody of us will leave. But people simply love that sense of accomplishment and maybe we should have wait until we reached the first goal. To give new people more appeal. Then say something like: The first 100k made 20 developers happen. Now to boldly go… (Where no FOSS project has ever gone). And then have a counter there

1 Like

I feel the same, having that goal made me exited and was a way to measure how things went. This was done because they were overlaping. But was quite easy to fix with transform: translate on the CSS.

1 Like

My one complaint with the old bar was that the info bubbles started to overlap once it was nearly filled up. I like the changes, but I agree that the bar should be reimplemented. Want to see those goals being reached! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Way better… :slight_smile:

Still kinda missing those numbers on bar (even thou it’s up there in that big frame) but hey bar is back and it feels good.

5 Likes

I do agree that having that bar there is incentive for people to join, so this is a nice improvement all around!

People don’t know how much software development costs, and might think ‘well that’s a lot of money’, not realising it buys less than 20 developers.
And that’s with developers who are likely paid on the lower end, compared to more lucrative companies and industries.

4 Likes

Hmm. Seems to be going down.