Campaign 2018: Join the New Development Fund

I mean, I don’t think it will hurt the fund since nobody of us will leave. But people simply love that sense of accomplishment and maybe we should have wait until we reached the first goal. To give new people more appeal. Then say something like: The first 100k made 20 developers happen. Now to boldly go… (Where no FOSS project has ever gone). And then have a counter there

1 Like

I feel the same, having that goal made me exited and was a way to measure how things went. This was done because they were overlaping. But was quite easy to fix with transform: translate on the CSS.

1 Like

My one complaint with the old bar was that the info bubbles started to overlap once it was nearly filled up. I like the changes, but I agree that the bar should be reimplemented. Want to see those goals being reached! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Way better… :slight_smile:

Still kinda missing those numbers on bar (even thou it’s up there in that big frame) but hey bar is back and it feels good.

5 Likes

I do agree that having that bar there is incentive for people to join, so this is a nice improvement all around!

People don’t know how much software development costs, and might think ‘well that’s a lot of money’, not realising it buys less than 20 developers.
And that’s with developers who are likely paid on the lower end, compared to more lucrative companies and industries.

4 Likes

Hmm. Seems to be going down.

Not sure where to post this, but it looks like Embark made due with their promise to open-source some of their tools.

https://twitter.com/repi/status/1202969795928449025

7 Likes

OT: Since you are asking:
It’s somewhat related to this, but would also have been a good fit for latest news.

Hey, another corporate gold member:

Raymond Neoh, the producer of Thru the Moebius Strip.

8 Likes

Aaand they forgot to capitallize his name. Come on. That’s embarrassing.

Apparently the sponsors fill out the name field themselves. At least that was the case when, IIRC AMD, put in a wrong link. Also Kiska had the name of some employee in there for a couple of days.

Yeah, but you know, when someone’s giving you a bunch of money you can at least fix his typo for him.

3 Likes

Maybe file a bug report. :wink:

1 Like

The Blender Cloud memberships are steadily rising.
Allmost 6000 subscribers. That’s nearly 720 000 Euros per year.
https://cloud.blender.org/stats

5 Likes

Huh, there is twice as much of them as fund individuals. I didn’t knew that that much ppl subscribe to cloud.

5500 to almost 6000 thats 10% increase in a month, what happend? Something bigger was released?

CGGE Institute became a corporate supporter at some point and no one noticed. Seriously the BF need to prominently announce this thing. Part of why this corp’s do it is for publicity, If the BF don’t give them that, they may not do it for long. And it may discourage others from adding their support
Anyhow, its $105,449 a month now …

10 Likes

i think that part of their donation get excluded from the taxes they pay, something like that … it’s not really for he publicity

https://twitter.com/blender_org/status/1243544348261863424?s=20

Intep decided to rise their fund to Corporate Gold

9 Likes

Great news, it seems it’s stuck at about 93k euros still, wasn’t that the income BEFORE Intel upgrade?

No, it is fluctuating between 93k and 91k.

4 Likes