Cancel culture on Blender guru, poor Andrew price!

I know his tutorials since well the beginning of time and I honestly do not recall ever having come across any of this .

4 Likes

Seems like he was mostly able to keep his beliefs out of his tutorials.

Every group has their slogans and expressions.
That he make such a comment in his tutorial well that was his choice and from a professionalism point of view unlucky.

No matter of being white black gay male female I hardly think anybody here never used an expression.

Anyway I checked out her Twitter and personal website.

It seems a little jealousy is here in place.

4 Likes

That’s a good tactic, attack the person who made the allegation and not the allegation.

1 Like

popcorn

8 Likes

I am not attacking her - but question what’s going on - not taking any side just being critical.

I clearly also stated that I would not have made such comments or used that language in YouTube.

3 Likes

Yeah I also want to know what’s going on because the OP just says “this person”. Why is someone attacking the Guru?

What I have got is that he doesn’t like censorship and likes freedom of expression, even if that offends some people. He personally doesn’t like to make particularly controversial art, but he appreciates it and defends it and the right of its makers.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

People still interested in this shit? Just ignore BSs and live on guys.
Glad Im living in “2nd world” (Middle of Europe) where 1st world problems arrive somewhat dilluted.

3 Likes

Ah. So our Blender Guru is human after all. He has thoughts that Big Brother doesn’t approve of! Unthinkable!

That lady on the other hand is ******.

Edit: there, edited for you propriety fans. It would seem I have thoughts Big Brother doesn’t approve of as well! :joy:

8 Likes

banning a man for his words is as extreme as the words themselves !
and therefore it is nothing but using unacceptable methods in response of unacceptable words.
Sound kinda extreme and 60years ago world history is full of this.

Those who don’t agree should fight him, not kill him.

1 Like

Let’s hope so, because we don’t about that, if you follow the news you will know that famous people suffered from this. cancel culture can cripple people business.

I agree with you :+1:

This is the thing, you didn’t compile a thread showing how semi alt-righter he is, to excite people to cancel him.

Please read the thread in twitter, you will notice someone with @JohnMalcolm1970 pic posted some kind of nazi donut … and other people are already spreading the news that make sure that you don’t watch Blenderguru tutorials

Most of things compiled in that thread I believe is taken out of context and Andrew was saying that as a joke and he is explain himself as well.

The outer world is coming to us, what we shall do? Ignore it, get prepare or get mold the shape they want us to be?

Cancel culture, if you say certain stuffs. People make a thread a cancel you.

The thing is real, the question is how are we facing it as artists? It has been around for sometimes already many people suffered from it some were lucky and some not, Dave Chapelle in bones and sticks, Johnny Depp, … And Andrew is not even in Forbes yet.
I m honestly sad about this, seeing Andrew building that business from scratch and having family to take care of. Cancel culture people should pick their target well.

2 Likes

I encourage everyone to report that lady’s tweets for targeted harassment.

7 Likes

hell yess that exactly how is called that shi*…

There is absolutely nothing in that series of tweets that comes near to the definition of harassment. There’s certainly no abuse or abusive language by the person posting the tweet. All she’s done is post a series of things Andrew Price has said. There are no calls for him to be banned or de-platformed or “cancelled”. Simply his own words and a helpful list of other, less controversial, lesser known Blender content creators.

I’m sure if Mr Price feels harassed he will report things to Twitter himself. He’s yet to address any of these things, so either he doesn’t care or he’s hoping the fuss will die down.

4 Likes

The “just a joke” defence is laughable. Almost as bad as the “I was only asking a question” defence. He’s old enough and big enough to defend himself from these accusations. So far he has chosen not to do so.

2 Likes

You didn’t like it? :stuck_out_tongue: I’d hardly describe it as a Nazi doughnut. If anything it would be decidedly anti-nazi doughnuts

1 Like

Isn’t that how it is supposed to be? If you don’t like something then don’t buy it.
What is supposed to be so bad about this “cancel culture” thing?

“Cancel culture”, a relatively recent phrase, appears to be primarily what people who don’t like being held to account for their words and actions call it. The concept of accountability however dates back to at least Roman times. It’s not a new concept. You say or do something. You should be willing to defend or explain that action or opinion. Hopefully with something slightly more convincing than “just a joke”

As someone who might be classed as an educator, Andrew Price perhaps needs to clean up his act and drop the alt-right edgelord stuff.

5 Likes

Yes, I mean i can dislike stuff for various reasons. I can dislike it because the stuff is bad or I can dislike it because the stuffs creator acts bad even though the content is good. I guess there are more reasons to dislike things as well.

But some users seem to think that the sole reason for buying stuff or not buying stuff should be the stuffs quality.

1 Like