Cancel culture on Blender guru, poor Andrew price!

Well, If a vendor voices his thoughts then the consumer can have his own thoughts on the vendors thoughts and take his business else where, no?

Nobody is forbidding anybody any thoughts.

1 Like

Where is the dirt?

1 Like

Gee, what a nice word you found there. Vendor. Sounds so impersonal, so self-righteous. Like he’s not a real person.

You, maybe and you only consider the position of a consumer. But politically, for some north american SJW of the left wing, they actually wish to reach the social killing of all people they consider as the evil side. They take everything first degree without even considering the possibility of a naïve or stupid joke, they don’t consider missunderstanding. They immediatly ride their high-horses.

6 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think this is true.

1 Like

I never said there was any in this case.

Which word would you like better?

Who cares about his opinions? I’m amazed how big fanbase he has with such low quality tutorials :grinning:. Anyways, Everybody chill :kissing_heart:

Oh, please, they are good tutorials.

2 Likes

And you think the right wing does not do the same itself?

I am not American - I just am here since 13 years and one cannot ignore how the right does it the same way.

Oh please, sometimes he doesn’t even know what he’s talking about and sometimes he even says he doesn’t know, but still wants to teach :grin:

Don’t be daft. Try tweeting that pineapple doesn’t belong on pizza*. See how it goes for you and your illegal thought! :joy:

* I rewrote this sentence 4 times to avoid posting anything truly controversial. Insert your own controversial thought here.

2 Likes

It is not about who is right or wrong, it’s just…
I wouldn’t say that if I wasn’t shocked to read in their words the same logic we have seen in democracies from… USSR. It really makes me sad because I had another opinion about USA.

They start to looks like China or USSR… The actors and motives are differents but the way they act, the way they talk, maybe it’s just theatre, but it doesn’t look like pluralism, it doesn’t look like democracy.

The USA has many issues it needs to solve and that phase you see happening right now.

This is actually a rather good thing.

This didn’t start because he made a “joke” 8 or 9 years about wishing he could use a homophobic slur. This started just last week when he compared something that happened last summer in the USA with something that happened in Washington DC last week.

People dug up the other stuff after that. Taken as a whole it shows a certain attitude. A pattern of behaviour

6 Likes

Oh noes! Attitudes and patterns of thinking! Can’t have that!

Of course people have attitudes and don’t change their thinking each time they say something.

2 Likes

There’s no white knight. There’s no hero in the real world (except, sometimes, for firemen or soldiers, but they are by accident).

Pattern of behavior? If he did a stupid parallel, it doesn’t mean he deserves this kind of treatment, public shame or whatever. Just say him he said stupid things and move on. Life is more wide and interesting than that.

2 Likes

Yeah, but that’s different. Everybody claiming that pinapple on pizza is bad is just gaslighting.

Hm I might have to look into that - having a 3 year old around me consumes most of my time.

2 Likes

Anyway… Let’s shame him properly :stuck_out_tongue: He’s been a member here since 2004 and only given out 5 measly ‘Likes’

5 Likes