car game

hi all

im not a python person but it looks like i have to use for making realistic car games.
id like my game to look like this: click:slight_smile:
with my veyron instead of a mini.:yes:
im looking for a python script that will help me make my game easier to make.
i now there is a tutorial on itherebut that is to complicated for me.
any simple tutorials.

Use the ā€œvehicle templateā€, maybe?!
Or download my demo/template and adapt it to your needs, maybe:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=141629&highlight=special+day
Bye

that was quick.
iv not tried the game out yet but looks good.
:slight_smile:
thanks

have you seen this?

http://www.tutorialsforblender3d.com/Game_Engine/Vehicle/VehicleSetup_1.html

yes but thanks anyway.

i tried it out, but blender crashed, probably you game was high poly,
i moved the car on to a plane and got rid of everything else and it worked.
but in the logic key, its full.
to complecated for me, i need something easy and simple.
thanks anyway

hi again,
i did the tutorial anyway (vehicle wrapper)
and it kinda works, the suspension works when it land but wonā€™t move forward or turn the wheels.

Hi ionee,

I just rewrote and updated the vehicle wrapper tutorial today to 2.48. Hopefully, it is easier to do. (The number of screenshots is almost double what it was before.) If you have any problems with it, donā€™t hesitate to email me from my website. Iā€™ll be glad to help if you have any questions about the tutorial.

Clark

yes!!!
i did it.
i used the python from the ā€œfinished.blendā€ then changed the ā€œOBā€ to veyron and it worked ill post a blend when iv finished texturing.

im not a python person but it looks like i have to use for making realistic car games.

I just rewrote and updated the vehicle wrapper tutorial today to 2.48. Hopefully, it is easier to do. (The number of screenshots is almost double what it was before.) If you have any problems with it, donā€™t hesitate to email me from my website. Iā€™ll be glad to help if you have any questions about the tutorial.
Hey Clark, you guys at tutorialsforblender3d are doing an awesome job, especially when it comes to Python API documentation and scripts. Now a realistic realistic car game also implies realistic gears. Do you think you could implement such a gear system into one of the tutorials?

here is my early bmw model in the game.

but iā€™d like a reflection on the car when it moves, but you canā€™t do this without a python script, but i canā€™t find it. anyone
thanks

uh oh! i canā€™t upload .zip 's to blender artists

reflections are a part of materials/texturing.

If you are using GLSL then in the materials tab map a screen shot of the surroundings to reflection and reduce the opacity. Iā€™m not sure how it works in Multitexture

Hi ionee,

If you want true reflections on your car, youā€™re going to have to use the Video Texture module like vitorbalbio did. But if you just want your car to be shiny, you can use a reflection map.

I just did a short tutorial on making things look shiny in the game engine.

http://www.tutorialsforblender3d.com/GameDoc/Shiny/Shiny_GLSL_Quick.html

It only covers Blender GLSL Materials. Iā€™ll be adding shiny for Texture Face Materials and Blender Multitexture Materials in the next couple of days.

Clark

I have always loved that tutorial, however, a few things I am wondering.

1. If the car is on its side, it turns as though it is right side up. What can I do to fix this?
  2. If the wheels are not in contact with the ground, the controls have no influence upon the rpm of the wheels. How can this be fixed?
  3. How would we get smoother rotating of the wheel? Would IPOā€™s be the answer for this?

iā€™v had i look at that and i cant find ā€œshiny textureā€.
thanks

ionee wrote:

iā€™v had i look at that and i cant find ā€œshiny textureā€.
thanks
If you are looking for the exact same texture that I used for the reflective map, download the ā€˜finished blendā€™ and unpack the texture.

If you want to know what to use as a reflective map: Step 4 of the Step by Step Instructions on page 3 of the tutorial.

kotakotakota wrote:

1. If the car is on its side, it turns as though it is right side up. What can I do to fix this?
    When my car is laying on itā€™s side or is upside down and isnā€™t moving, it doesnā€™t turn when I try to steer it. Your car does?
  1. If the wheels are not in contact with the ground, the controls have no influence upon the rpm of the wheels. How can this be fixed?
    I donā€™t know of a way to fix that. The tires rotate because of the friction between the tires and the road.
  1. How would we get smoother rotating of the wheel? Would IPOā€™s be the answer for this?
    Iā€™m not sure what you mean.

If you are asking how to make tires rotate smoother around their object center axis, I donā€™t know. Iā€™ve never noticed a problem with that.

If you are asking is how to make the steering of car smoother, you can use an IPO to turn the steering tires.

I use python for it. MaxTurn * (1 - speed/maxspeed) The faster your car goes, the less the steering turns the tires.

If you are using the keyboard to steer your car, you can also use gradual steering. The longer you press the keyboard key, the more the steering tires turn (until they reach the max turn amount). If you want to see the code for it, go the download page of the Vehicle Setup tutorial on my webpage and download the CarSetup_Example.blend. The python code is in Car_1_Handling.py

Clark

thank you very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very,ā€¦ phew breath:oā€¦ very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very,ā€¦ phew breath:oā€¦ very, very, very, very, very, very,ā€¦ phew breath:oā€¦ very, very, very, very, very, very,ā€¦ phew breath:oā€¦ very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very,ā€¦ phew breath:oā€¦ very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very,ā€¦ phew breath:oā€¦ very, very, very, very,much:o for that shiny tut it is helpful on an omniscient sort of level of understanding thingy.

Iā€™m looking more for a python script but thanks anyway

bmw.zip here i did the same thing with the scripts to my other cars.
enjoy iā€™l post some more later

I did the shiny texture one and it worked
thanks
heres a pic:

just got to lower the shiny