Car Show room WIP

@apptux, cheers for the tip, i’ll have to give it a go, i did think that the shadows looked way too sharp for such a wide array of lights, but i havnt done much work with lighting :S
the poly count is definately something i need to improve, its only notable really on the pedestal and large overhead light though so at least its a quick job there :slight_smile:
@RickyBlender, cant wait mate XD im dying to see how it would look in cycles, i was thinking of maybe using luxrender but after comparing luxrender to BI i decided to give it a miss.

got a problem with MSN

do you know how to create a new folder shared on skydrive MSN ?

i can create one but cannot change the share to public
it bring me to a window asking for email adress

thanks for any help

no idea bud :S i dont use msn just hotmail and thats very rarely, cant you upload straight to here?

sent you PM for URL for the file it’s too big to upload here around 3 MB

sorry

need to get this camera works in cycles for normal render

let me know if you find out how to set this camera ?

thanks

ok as you know from our p.m’s im checking it now, one thing i just thought of, are you using a 64bit computer? because the original .blend was made on my 64bit in a 64bit version of blender, but if i load the file into my 32bit version then my renders come out funny aswell.

i’m on vista 32 bits

but the files data should not change from 64 to 32 bits !

see pic of render i just did with a few samples just to show the size which is not the same then shown in camera preview for cycle but also not the same size when i render in blender BI

the height is too short should be twice as much see render sizes !

show me your render in cycle

thanks

ok heres my render in cycles, i let it render while i was eating dinner, this is at 100 samples.

and this is in blender render.

i now see what you mean, the proportions are way out in the cycles render :L

i’ll try to get another SVN tomorrow and see if i get same results

this looks like a bug !

if i get the same problem then i’ll report this as a bug ?

sorry for the delay

thanks

ok mate, makes sense to reprot it as a bug, i’ll do a quick search online and see if anyone else has this problem, if not then submit as a bug.
no worries.

i change your ceiling to make it more symetrical and i had to make the room longer
have a look and let me know what you think
i added some vents with lot’s of holes for ventilation LOL

hope you don’t mind

i’ll try to add more image texture later tomorrow onwall ceilign and floor !

there was 3 weeks ago a thread with a nice car for rendering in cycles
i’ll get it and try a render

but the 2 files combined will probably give over 5 MB in size

happy cycles

i dont mind at all, like i said im very interested to see what you can come up with in my model :slight_smile:
i had noticed that the cieling was a little different but hadnt twigged the vents lol, good eye for detail there though :slight_smile:
ouch, thats pretty big for .blend, but hey ho, it’ll be worth it.

This thread has reached 900 views, if it gets to 1000 i will be having a micro-gasm and a one man rave :wink: and also i will start work on improving the showroom by adding more detail and improving textures where possible, so fingers crossed for 1000 views :smiley:

does not look like there are new SVN today
may have to wait till tomorrow !

i’m gone set some velvet mat for the circular part under the car rotating or not !

here is one render for the middle circle for the car

velvet looks nice but may be i should find a nice carpet texture
with velvet applied !

happy 2.6

hmm, that sounds very nice :slight_smile:
looking smooth too :smiley:
but i have to ask at the risk of sounding like a mug, but whats a SVN?

you can get the latest SVN for blender at graphical org
which is the most updated bug free blender version

i’m trying to locate a good looking carpet with normla map if possible ?

happy cycles

heres a good texture for the colour that your going for (i assume anyway your going for this colour anyway)
and theres tutorials on making normals out of regular textures if you just google it.
plus you need a good image editor like gimp.

wel i did find some pic on internet

but no real bump map or equivalent ot give a better 3D look!
buti can always make one with my image editor !

anyway i’ll see how it fits on the middle circle for the car

thanks

its always a pain trying to find decent textures ready made, but with a little work any texture can be made proper :slight_smile:
no worries mate, im looking forward to seeing how this comes out :slight_smile:

I like it :slight_smile:

i want drive it out of there it looks so good . Amazing work, you are gifted !!!