Cargo port [Nov 19: First container ship WIP picture]

(PTKS) #1

I was not very happy with my last attempt for a street scene, so I decided to do something new.
I’m planning to do a harbour scene with a lot of those sea-containers

I’ve almost finished the modelling of a sea-container. It’s a standard 20 feet sea-container. Later there will also be a 40 feet version.

Attachments

(Falgor) #2

those round holes in the corners look a bit too sharp, other than that I think it looks most realistic.

(nehpets) #3

thats a pretty good technical model you got there !

(PiroXXI) #4

i think that we won’t be able to open you beautiful container…

but it’s realy nice :wink:

(PTKS) #5

cloned containers :slight_smile:

Attachments

(Khnum) #6

what’s the poly count per container, just curious? :slight_smile:

(PiroXXI) #7

realy nice…

it’s realy realistic :wink:

how many time for the render for now?

(HellBok) #8

very well modelled

(PTKS) #9

Sorry that I dindt wrote a reply so far, but I wasn’t at home for the last 3 days or so.

@Khnum: The poly count is around 5000 per container.

@PiroXXI: The last picture took something around 2 or 3 minutes

(WhiteBoy) #10

It’s looking very good so far. Unrealistically clean and organized though.

And if you don’t mind me saying so, I think that if you weren’t satisfied with your street scene, you should keep working on it until you are. Just a little philosophy of mine. :slight_smile:

(PTKS) #11

Haven’t had much time to go on recently.
The only thing I cna show you so far is a colour test and some quick texturing on the containers. I’m not entirely happy with the containers, so I have to do some more modelling work on them.

Attachments

(PTKS) #12

I did some small changes on the container. As it was mentioned before, those holes in the corners weren’t that good. But now they are ok for me and I can go on with the scene

Attachments

(BurtS) #13

It reminds me scenery from “La Transportair” or as you like “The Courier” movie by Luca Besson :D. Nice job so far.

(PTKS) #14

The last few days were very busy and I hadn’t had much time to go on with this project.
I’ve started working on one of those huge cranes (Click here). So far I’ve got only a picture of the “wheels”

Attachments

(yor1001) #15

It’s nicely done can’t wait for the full scene, I’m not that good at modeling yet but i wanted to know, what OSA number do you render at?

(PTKS) #16

The renders are all done with OSA 8 and AO is turned on

(Tyaedalis) #17

that is absolutely great! youre good. i cant wait to see more! very detailed. :slight_smile:

(PTKS) #18

Some progress. I had to delete some of the details (most of the screws) to reduce the polycount.

Attachments

(AMT) #19

Hehe. Reminds me of school (lot of construction there). That looks just like one of those bins, keep up the great work!

• Andrew

(PTKS) #20

Newest Update:

Attachments