cartoon scene

Excellent so far, I really like the cartoonesque feeling you give to all your images.
(Not to mention the funny names, hehe :slight_smile: )

thank you :wink:

(Not to mention the funny names, hehe :slight_smile: )

Yep, and the others are funny too :slight_smile:

So, I have continue this scene, and work on the ship and the background, but I want to work again on the ship, because it’s not like I would :

Thank you for reading.

hi

some sketchs, for the new background :

And a sketch for the new ship :

Thank you for reading

That looks sweet! I think the new bacground and ship will be a lot better. Even though the original is awesome! Great work!!

i like the new vehicle design. the sharp edges should give it a much better ‘engineered’ look. ( not that the existing model looks bad. but i share that feeling, when it isn’t quite right, it needs to be fixed. which is part of the reason i never seem to finish anything. )

loving this thread, but there is very little to criticize, so i have been very quiet. keep at it! : )

Salut copain,
I really like your work, but I agree this ship hasn’t a very “blendmanish” look. It’s too classical, in the way you can see this type of design everywhere around, while your work is always a little bit offset (décalé) if you see what I mean.

Awesome could I have some of your talent and experience?

I think that the new design for the ship is more original and the background is better too.

:wink:
I hope that the new vehicule will be more funny than the old :slight_smile:

oh, thank you Musk. I don’t know if I have talent, but I have passion, the passion of blender :wink:

hey, salut copain :slight_smile:
Yes, I see what you mean (avec l’accent), it’s the reason why I have made some sktech, to work again on the ship and the background.
What do you think about the new ship (sketch)? is it more “blendman’s style” ? I don’t think that it’s very original, but I will try to make it in 3D to see if this new design is cool.

So, the new background (not finished) :

I don’t know if I’m going to keep the the Rose blob :-p, but i’ll see later.

Thank yu for reading.

Wow, this is amazing! I love your style. I’ve got to get a style. Right now my style knob is set to “suck”.

I feel good because I see that love still exists between the artist and his art. Beautiful work man. (I think I’m gonna cry) :o

I do have one thing useful to say; I see you have a character staring straight at the camera. I’ve always been told to avoid character eye contact with the camera. It’s very distracting, unless you want the ‘gazer’ to look at that one character.

peace,
-nick

hello, it looks beautiful.

can I ask…how do you make the background houses ,at the far right side ?I mean are they modeled or painted or a mix of both?

Thank you very much for your comments :slight_smile:

All is 3D :wink:
The background is some “buildings layer”, and an "atmospheric effect to simulate fog and atmospheric light -thanks to malefico, and his fantasy landscape, for the technic :)).
If I have the time, I will create a short tutorial to understand how to create this sort of background.

So another view, and some changes (details + the new ship) :

Thank you for reading

You have just unseated Robert Tiess as my favorite Blender artist. I think that the reason this looks so cool (and the other scenes you have done) is that it looks like you could play with it. In other words, it reminds me of a toy playset. All the little guys look like action figures and the vehicles look like toys. I feel like I could just reach in and rearrange them.

You ought to do a little web comic or something with your ‘playsets’.

>The background is some “buildings layer”, and an "atmospheric effect to simulate fog and >atmospheric light -thanks to malefico, and his fantasy landscape, for the technic :)).
>If I have the time, I will create a short tutorial to understand how to create this sort of >background.

a tutorial would be very nice,it could help me a lot.
I love your new render :slight_smile: How long does it takes to render ?

wow, really great work, i really love all the atmosfere, ambient, etc.
that would be a great topic for a small video, it would look reaally cool.

love the sketches :slight_smile:

:smiley:

Very good job, you say that this is going to be a mmorpg can I ask what engine and network system you are going to use?

Oh and if you could it would be great to here how you did some of your work.

I agree with pretty much every comment in this thread, brilliant work!

Would love to see a screen shot of some of those claymation like material settings :wink:

Brilliant. Simply brilliant. I sincerely hope this develops into a full blown animated short.

-Biggles

[edit]

One suggestion for now. Not really a critique, and you’re probably already considering it, but I would love to see a variety of space ships instead of just one (or two) with color changes.

I would agree with biggles. I would make a couple different types of ships, maybe a bus or something. Maybe a futuristic motorcycle or something?

Thank you very much for all your comments :wink:

The render for the image (1024768) is 10 minutes, with AO. And for 720576 without AO it’s 2 minutes (for the video).

A little example for the atmospheric effect (thanks to Malefico ;)) :

In fact, it’s another project which is made to be a mmorpg (moonkiroe). But, perhap’s we will use our engine (from moonkiroe) and we will do another mmorpg in this univers (cartoon) with this engine.

I have made a little test to see how is the ship and the background in animation. it’s only a first test, but in fact, it’s not good as I would, because, I have some matter with my lighting (too much shadows), and the animation of the ship is not good.

http://blendman.free.fr/images/artie/youtube_SE01.jpg

yes, I have to do that (bus, or motorcycle :-)), and various Ship :wink:

Thank you for reading.