cartoony alien

Ha, that’s awesome! Where’d his briefs go? I assume they are on another layer.

yeah, they’re still there. i just wanted to show the change to the shape of the body a little better.

one thing that worries me is that he’s starting to look more and more like a little kid or something. i guess that could work to his advantage, no one suspects a little kid…

can I please see a wire? this looks great

for the teeth…i wouldnt give him a full mouth of teeth…have like the back teeth…then maybe some canines and the front teeth…

i like the new shape to him…the eyes are going to be my favorite part!! woo

Did I say rucksack? My bad. I meant burlap sack. Like this:

And yes, it would be worn like a pillowcase with sleeve holes etc.

You can go ahead and count me in. I’m a Steve all the way.

yeah i won’t give him the adult 32 teeth; it’ll probly be about half that. 8 on top, 8 on bottom.

as requested:

Attachments

Thanks. Looks great!

added/edited some subtle details. the inner ear, the toenails, a bellybutton, and the overall framework of the polys on the torso. also tried a belt, rather than the briefs.

Attachments

I think I kind of like the belt better personally. Looks more alien you know. Great job with all the detail man, this is an awesome character!

Personally I love the look of the briefs compared to anything else. At the very least they hide the lack of genetalia (no one ever thinks, all these aliens keep coming to earth, none of them have a way to re-produce? creepy?). I also thought the feet looked better oversized, as they produced a sense of balance. Something’s gotta hold up that big head and keep those massive forearms from turning him into a knuckle dragger (then again, maybe on his planet the gravity is not as intense as ours?) Things to think about. Either way, this is a great thread and am surprised it’s not 5 starred. The mesh is excellent and I can’t wait to see this used in an animation. Great stuff man.

If we want to be honest any alien race that is capable of traveling vast distance through space is probably going to come in full clothing unless it is a terminator that has to travel naked ;).
This alien looks more like he is on vacation and is getting ready to go to the beach.

I think the brief look way cooler and it is a cartoony alien. I also like the feet. Really cool.

thank you for saying so :slight_smile:

@midian: i see what you’re saying about the feet; i went ahead and made them a bit bigger. after doing so, i noticed that it did help remove most of the “childish” look about him. as far as the genitalia goes, it’s hard to keep it “G” rated with the unmentionables showing out there :stuck_out_tongue: perhaps they propagate via test tubes? but then… how do they urinate and deficate… hmm… and he DOES have a bellybutton now, which would indicate the fact that he’d been born… hmm. definitely a chin-scratcher. i suppose the clothing items would take care of all the confusion. perhaps he’ll have a few different items, rather than just the one. i don’t want to give him the cliché spacesuit… and human clothes probably wouldn’t look right either. maybe their society is advanced past the clothing option. perhaps a fig leaf?

I don’t think it very realistic to be advanced past the clothing option when we consider that we went from being naked to cloth. Much more flexible when you can adapt to your enviroment. I’d say the only reason to get rid of it again would be if you have a form that doesn’t require clothing. But enough of this side swarming I think the little guy would look way cool in a suite like MIB.

@musk: what i meant by the “past the clothing” is that they’re so evolved that nudity is not an issue anymore; they’re not driven by the primitive desire for sex :stuck_out_tongue:

whoa. i just realized that this is getting really deep in here. he’s a cartoon. oh well. i’ve came up with some armor/clothing stuff for him, that i think looks pretty good. i just hope it doesn’t have problems with the skin around it when i go to animate… perhaps it’ll be a rubber/metal compound? flexible metal? so it would just bend along with the body.

EDIT: maybe i like him better w/o the chest piece…

Attachments

put in a little robot companion named Gir!!!

a little robot… hmm. i like that idea, i might just do that. but i’ll finish the alien first.

worked on his mouth, tho it’s a little difficult to see :frowning:

now he’s about ready to start texturing (finally! whew!).

Attachments

I couldn’t help laugh at the first batch of comments. They said that the feet were too big. But who has seen a Martian anyway? How do we know how big their feet should be?

Anyway, Nice looking model. Can’t wait to see him in colors.

i saw one last tuesday :slight_smile:

thanks, that’s next up. let’s see… little BLUE man or little GREEN man? or perhaps a sickly shade of tan? or grey? maybe purple? ah, i’ll just watch some more “alien autopsy.”

… waitaminnit. that was shot in black and white. DANG IT!!! oh well. i’ll figure something out.

okay, haven’t actually began texturing yet, but i was playing with some color and SSS, thought i’d show you guys.

Attachments

mm, I think he looked a bit better grey.