Challenge #1007 "Daredevil Stunt" (07/10/22) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1007 for Friday 7th of October 2022 is:

Daredevil Stunt

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Oct 10, 2022 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Jumper

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Perilous Plunge

Pure

6 Likes

Man on the rope “on the sky”… Cartoon stylization.
OPEN entry.

10 Likes

Can’t participate this time but I would make a snail with bike or skateboard helmet heading toward a jump ramp.

1 Like

this version of render is non-competing , man is from makehuman…

7 Likes

I really like the details and colors of the background in this version. Perhaps you could add it to the cartoon version?

2 Likes

Thank you very much for advice. I updated first cartoon contest render.

3 Likes

Matrix 12 now we talking

Pure

“it is an honor that I can do all the stunts by my self”

7 Likes

Riding the Scree

Open entry, taken from the soccer winning goal entry: Winning Soccer Goal :: Celebration (franciscocharrua.com). I changed his expression from celebrating to worried while eating sushi.

Aufa Kantadiredja - Riding The Scree (Genesis Cover) - YouTube

6 Likes

Dive
Pure, cycles, 32 samples, toon shader, optix denoiser, rendertime <1min., all made in blender, tried to water color it in krita but my skills lack there so just a simple coloring in blender which is simple but makes a point.

daredevil_dive11b.blend (499.3 KB)

Previous

WIP, the protagonist is still missing :smiley:
Not sure how i approach it.

9 Likes

Please i have one question. If i used background image to totally background of my entry. Is it pure or open entry?

1 Like

Even for ‘pure’ entries, using a background image is fine as long as it isn’t the main focus of the image. It wouldn’t be fair to just enter a photo. :wink: (For ‘open’ images, this doesn’t matter at all.)

3 Likes

Escape Mission: Failed
PURE entry

7 Likes

Don’t Fear The Reaper

non competing (pure), Cycles, Blender 3.3.1

8 Likes

OPEN entry “Flying through Tianmen Cave

I tried to map the place as accurately as possible but due to lack of time I couldn’t do it.
Cycles 2000s + some post production with Gimp.
OPEN because i have reused some parts of a skydiver used in one of previous challenges.

6 Likes

“Miscalculation”

Pure. Blender 2.69, Blender render. Smoke added post in Paint.net.

It’s been a couple years since I last participated. Had to relearn everything, including how to post.

11 Likes

Hey! Welcome back. :slight_smile:
If you are going to relearn everything, this might be a good opportunity for switching to Blender 3.3 (if your hardware supports it).

2 Likes

Pure. The Human Cannonball! I see at least one other had a similar idea.

Had to rework the fire…(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzATaYyCf9Q)

6 Likes

Nice to see you are still hosting Helge.

Unfortunately I am still using the same 15 year old Computer I was before, so anything 2.70 and beyond is out of the question for now.

Huggies,
My human canonball was my third idea. I started with a high dive, then a Hot Wheels stunt track but quickly realized I need something basic until I get my chops back.

Surprisingly, now that my daughter just left for college I find I have more free time than I used to.

3 Likes